Windows 10: Incorporated SD card reader not working

Discus and support Incorporated SD card reader not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For quite some time now I've been having issues with the incorporated SD card reader in my Lenovo. I'd have to insert and un-insert the card until it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BTSLove12, Nov 25, 2020.

1. BTSLove12 Win User

Incorporated SD card reader not working

For quite some time now I've been having issues with the incorporated SD card reader in my Lenovo. I'd have to insert and un-insert the card until it was finally recognized. Now it isn't being recognized at all. I can't run a test of the hardware because that was deleted with a Windows 10 update. Any suggestions?

:)

BTSLove12, Nov 25, 2020
  2. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

Incorporated SD card reader not working [​IMG]

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Incorporated SD card reader not working - Similar Threads - Incorporated card reader

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  4. SD card/SD card reader no longer working

SD card/SD card reader no longer working: Hi. New to this so not sure of category. I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit My SD card reader has stopped working. In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed. I can't format the card as it is not listed. I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere. I've...
  5. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  6. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  7. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  8. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  9. SD Card Reader not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    SD Card Reader not working: My PC doesn't recognize my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-working/6a47076e-3cbc-4d69-85bf-53aeedfc23bf
  10. SD-card reader not working

SD-card reader not working: Hi I am having trouble accessing my SD card it work fine with another similar laptop, mine just keeps telling em to format the drive, and when i try to format it says it is not able to format it. Alex...