Windows 10: Incorrect battery estimate time

Discus and support Incorrect battery estimate time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MR.MADHVENDRA, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Incorrect battery estimate time

Hi,

I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly.

Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong.

Please help me in resolving this.

:)

MR.MADHVENDRA, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like you to know that the battery estimate report is generated as per the sensors that are present within the laptop to sense the battery. It could be an issue with the sensor and that could be the reason you are receiving a false estimate.

I suggest you to try updating the battery drivers, generate a report and see if that makes any difference. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. The ACPI driver is responsible for the power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the laptop manufacturer and have a check with the battery and the battery sensor.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Wrong battery charging estimated time

Hi Shubham,

I've tried all methods you suggested without success. The situation is the same as many other have described before, i.e. I get similar "warnigns" like brightness is too high, etc., but there is no improvement in the battery charging time indication.

I checked my PC a bit more and realised that it doesn't recognise my battery capasity at all. Could this be the reason for this error? What is funny that my PC can still estimate the remaining time with the battery...

/Kari

KaTaMa---01, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Incorrect battery estimate time

Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of the wrong battery estimate. Please follow the steps in the below article to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Browse the link
    https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-windows-10-batt...

Step 2:

Scroll down to section Tweaking the Windows Registry and follow the steps.

Step 3:

Restart PC and leave it for some time to calibrate the battery

Step 4:

Verify the issue.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect battery estimate time

1. Incorrect battery estimate time - Similar Threads - Incorrect battery estimate

2. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  3. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  4. Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time: I have a Windows 11 OS on my laptop. Previously, my laptop battery was not working. I had to replace it.Now, I have replaced it but I find that the estimated time for the battery on the taskbar is not shown. If I open the settings, then it will show...Please help....
  5. Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time

Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time: I have a Windows 11 OS on my laptop. Previously, my laptop battery was not working. I had to replace it.Now, I have replaced it but I find that the estimated time for the battery on the taskbar is not shown. If I open the settings, then it will show...Please help....
  6. Estimate time is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Estimate time is missing: Hi community,I had an update on windows 11 but estimate time was missing in windows update setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-time-is-missing/50c42f5f-9ddd-4a3e-ad64-04757fd30099
  7. Estimate time is missing

Estimate time is missing: Hi community,I had an update on windows 11 but estimate time was missing in windows update setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-time-is-missing/50c42f5f-9ddd-4a3e-ad64-04757fd30099
  8. Battery estimate not shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery estimate not shown: Yet another case when someone decides for me what I need and what I do not. Suddenly they disabled battery life estimate. "you see it is just an estimate." A pretty accurate estimate, Big Bro, and much better than my guess! And, if I do not need it, there is an option to...
  9. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery is showing wrong estimate and time: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I need help to solve this issue please i could not use my PC thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-showing-wrong-estimate-and-time/eb5b6721-c69f-4ab1-aec2-c5358bcae5aa
  10. Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available: Hello, I have a false battery life estimate within the battery report generated by powercfg. I believe this is preventing me from getting a battery remaining estimate. Is there a way to clear this false statistic? 2019-05-24 - 2019-05-31 321113:42:33 0:00:01 5760000 % /...