Windows 10: Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

Discus and support Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a false battery life estimate within the battery report generated by powercfg. I believe this is preventing me from getting a battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin.R.D, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Kevin.R.D Win User

Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

Hello,

I have a false battery life estimate within the battery report generated by powercfg. I believe this is preventing me from getting a battery remaining estimate. Is there a way to clear this false statistic?

2019-05-24 - 2019-05-31
    321113:42:33​

0:00:01
    5760000 % / 16 h ​

:)

Kevin.R.D, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

OS battery life hours estimate question

If you Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10 the battery life estimates there are based on actual observed drain. I see no reason why the taskbar icon wouldn't be based on observed drain too.

3. Battery Report

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

• Design Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery was designed to hold in mWh (milliwatt
      hours).
    • Full Charge Capacity = The amount of charge that the battery will actually hold.
    This should give a rough estimate of what the life of battery is. If the cycle count is there in the first section, it would show you how many time battery has been recharged.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

missing battery time remaining estimation

How to generate a Battery Report in Windows 10:

1. Right-click on the Start menu to bring up the menu
    2. Command Prompt -
      Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu. Note that this must be the Admin version.
    3. Yes to UAC prompt -
      A prompt will appear to which you need to give permission.
    4. Command line -
      Copy and paste powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html" (or what you want) into the command prompt window.
    5. Open file -
      You should see a file labeled battery_report.html. Double-click on it to open the file.

Making Sense of the Report:
    The report itself is made up of a few somewhat obvious subsections. The first area defines the parameters of the hardware, OS version, and other file details. The next section is called Installed batteries and gives a general breakdown of the battery installed on your computer.

Recent Usage is a very useful section as it details the time, state (active, suspended), power source and remaining capacity of the battery. In short, this is the record of when the laptop went to sleep, became active, and or charged with AC power along with the mWh capacity. If your computer is waking when it should not, you should see it here.

Other areas like Usage history and Battery capacity history are good to check for battery health. It is well known that Li-On batteries deteriorate over time, and this is where you can see that happen.

Battery life estimates is probably the most interesting section for most users. Here you can see what the OS is predicting for your computer's battery life with regular usage. This feedback tends to be more stable and accurate than the live estimate found by clicking the battery icon.

Like all data sources, the more information this tool has, the more accurate the report.

User-Error-Delete, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

1. Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available - Similar Threads - Incorrect Battery Report

2. Battery Report shows incorrect values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report shows incorrect values: So today I was using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop when all of a sudden it turned off. When I turned it back on it was showing the update screen. So I let it update and after the battery showed as 63% whereas before it turned off it was 66%. I generated a Battery Report...
  3. Battery Report shows incorrect values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report shows incorrect values: So today I was using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop when all of a sudden it turned off. When I turned it back on it was showing the update screen. So I let it update and after the battery showed as 63% whereas before it turned off it was 66%. I generated a Battery Report...
  4. Battery Percentage estimate does not change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Percentage estimate does not change: When I use my computer and mouse over the battery icon in the statusbar to see the percentage I have left, it does not change even though it should with use.I can force my computer to give me a new estimation if I turn on and off battery-saver in the notification center...
  5. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  6. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  7. Incorrect battery estimate time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect battery estimate time: Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong. Please help me in resolving this....
  8. Battery estimate not shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery estimate not shown: Yet another case when someone decides for me what I need and what I do not. Suddenly they disabled battery life estimate. "you see it is just an estimate." A pretty accurate estimate, Big Bro, and much better than my guess! And, if I do not need it, there is an option to...
  9. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery is showing wrong estimate and time: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I need help to solve this issue please i could not use my PC thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-showing-wrong-estimate-and-time/eb5b6721-c69f-4ab1-aec2-c5358bcae5aa
  10. Generate Battery Energy Estimation Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate Battery Energy Estimation Report in Windows 10: How to: Generate Battery Energy Estimation Report in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the Energy Estimation Engine (E3) in Windows to get detailed information about battery usage. The "powercfg /srumutil" command enumerates the entire Energy Estimation data...