Windows 10: Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

Discus and support Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Steve Chung (schung), Jun 26, 2019.

1. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

Hi All,

OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he had to reimage the laptop and the machine was prompted him to enter in a recovery key.

I provided him with a BitLocker recovery key but it appears the one I gave him does not recognise it.

I have gone onto the following link to retrieve the recovery key - http://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq and after signing in it says the recovery key isn't stored.

I am starting to get desperate as I do not have any other recovery keys that match this machine I have the issue on. Is there a way to retrieve a recovery key by the machine's service tag or serial number.

Any useful information pertaining to this would be very much welcomed.

Regards,

Steve

:)

Steve Chung (schung), Jun 26, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Pe JeAlex Win User

Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

BitLocker recovery key

Hello Bill,

Please I couldn't retrieve my bitLocker recovery key with all the procedures you replied me with so, I typed on the "skip this drive". The prompt "Diagnosing your PC" appeared and almost 6hours still nothing is poping up. Please what could be the next step.
    Thank you.

Pe JeAlex, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

1. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it? - Similar Threads - Incorrect BitLocker Recovery

2. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  3. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  9. How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID

How to retrieve BitLocker recovery key with a key ID: I am not the original owner of my surface book and am trying to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key. The BitLocker recovery key is not on my Microsoft account nor is it on the account of the person I got the laptop from. I have a recovery ID for aka.ms/aadrecoverkey but that...
  10. Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key

Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key: Hi, I have a thinkpad x270 installed with Windows 10 Pro. A few days ago when I was trying to log into the system, the system didn't start correctly and always stuck at the Boot Menu. I brought it to a repair shop to get my documents on the hard drives out, and the people...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.microsoft. com/recoverykey

2. windows.microsoft.com/recoverykey

3. bitlocker recovery key code

4. bit locker recovery key incorrect