Windows 10: Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

Discus and support Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my Inspiron 15 DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shivani joshi1, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my Inspiron 15 DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when I click in, I can see the Bitlocker recovery key that is supposedly associated to this device. However, next to the recovery key there is a different device name, on the very same screen where at the top there is the correct device name. When I try to enter this recovery key to activate the decryption, it is not recognised.Obviously this seems to be the wrong recovery key. How can I proceed to not lose my data?

:)

shivani joshi1, Nov 15, 2022

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 15, 2022
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key

No, no other accounts.

What puzzles me is why the Bitlocker recovery key is not listed on the microsoft account, but there is a recovery key listed there for a computer I do not recognise.

I have several laptops but only the HP Envy has had Bitlocker on it. So what key is this on my account? And why isn't the Envy key there?

Jeremy Taylor1, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi,

My HP Envy underwent some updates when I shut it down last night. These completed normally.

This morning when I turned it on it is asking for a Bitlocker Recovery key. I was not aware that this laptop even had bitlocker activiated, but clearly it has.

I do not know what the recovery key is, I have not copied it to a USB stick or written it on a piece of paper. Why would I? I didn't even know bitlocker was activated.

I visited my microsoft account and found that the HP is listed in the 'Devices' section with the correct identifier and there is a link to 'Bitlocker details'. However, when I click this the bitlocker key and key identifier listed there do not match the key identifier that the laptop is asking for. And entering this key just gets me "this is incorrect".

How come the wrong key is listed there?

How can I get the correct key?

Is there anyway to get round this without losing all my data?

Jeremy Taylor1, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

1. Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Incorrect Bitlocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  6. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  7. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account: Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my Inspiron 15 DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when I click in, I can see the Bitlocker recovery key that is supposedly associated to this device. However, next to the recovery...
  9. bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect: Dear sir, recently I used bitlocker code to unlock that folder but now its not working and also recovery key showing incorrect. and I got hint showing key ID EBA58332 and I am also using correct ID. I dont know why this showing incorrect please help me. Identifier:...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2