Windows 10: Incorrect BitLocker recovery

Discus and support Incorrect BitLocker recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! So my Lenovo Thinkpad had a faulty motherboard which I sent off to get it replaced and I have just got it back! All good, but it was asking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EnzyWenzy, Jul 25, 2019.

1. EnzyWenzy Win User

Incorrect BitLocker recovery

Hello! So my Lenovo Thinkpad had a faulty motherboard which I sent off to get it replaced and I have just got it back! All good, but it was asking for BitLocker recovery key- I followed the steps to get it and the key I had was invalid (the Laptop ID was the same but the Key ID was different). I genuinely don't care about losing my files, I have them backed up but it won't even let me on to the computer! I then thought it may need Windows 10 reactivated but I have misplaced the product key as it came with the laptop. I am at a loss and just want my laptop back.

:)

EnzyWenzy, Jul 25, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 25, 2019
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

Hi JulianSchubert,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

TPM will lock itself out after a few incorrect authentication attempts. These could be due to incorrect PIN entry for BitLocker or incorrect PIN entry for TPM virtual smartcard PIN. For TPM version 1.2, the lockout behavior depends
    on individual TPM manufacturer. For TPM 2.0, the specification states that the TPM will enter lockout after 32 incorrect attempts.

To terminate this BitLocker recovery loop, you need to suspend BitLocker within WinRE, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1:

1. Choose the “Skip this drive” link at the bottom of the page where you are asked to enter the recovery key. You should be presented with a menu that will let you get to a command prompt (The sequence is Advanced
      options -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Command prompt).
    2. Once you have a command prompt,
      use the following command to check the BitLocker status of the C: drive:
      manage-bde -status c:

3. If the status is returned as locked, you’ll need to use the following command to unlock it using your recovery password:
      manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <your 48-digit recovery password>
    4. Once the drive is unlocked you'll need to use the following command to suspend protection:
      manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
    5. Then exit and reboot. The computer should now successfully boot Windows. Once there, use the BitLocker control panel to resume BitLocker protection.
    6. You can reset TPM lockout using
      tpm.msc
    Note: The recovery loop can occur for other reasons such as cases where TPM is disabled or malfunctions. You can still use the above steps to suspend BitLocker and boot Windows in such cases

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Incorrect BitLocker recovery - Similar Threads - Incorrect BitLocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecoverykey. I see my bit locker recovery key. However when I put it in, my computer tells me it's incorrect. What might be going on?...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!: Hi guys,I understand from other threads that there are many of us experienced problem with bitlocker. I have similar and way ridiculous problem. I found bitlocker for my device, but with different update date prompted in the Windows troubleshooting. I tried to use it anyway,...
  6. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!: Hi guys,I understand from other threads that there are many of us experienced problem with bitlocker. I have similar and way ridiculous problem. I found bitlocker for my device, but with different update date prompted in the Windows troubleshooting. I tried to use it anyway,...
  7. Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

Incorrect Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account: Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my Inspiron 15 DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when I click in, I can see the Bitlocker recovery key that is supposedly associated to this device. However, next to the recovery...
  8. BitLocker Recovery keeps saying “incorrect”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker Recovery keeps saying “incorrect”: Hi All,My laptop requires BitLocker Key, I found it when logged in to my Ms account it shows 3 different BitLocker recovery key but none was correct when I type in I already double check to ensure I key in the correct 48 digits. Please advise what should I do? Thank youTu Van...
  9. bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect: Dear sir, recently I used bitlocker code to unlock that folder but now its not working and also recovery key showing incorrect. and I got hint showing key ID EBA58332 and I am also using correct ID. I dont know why this showing incorrect please help me. Identifier:...
  10. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?: Hi All, OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he had to reimage the laptop and the machine was prompted him to enter in a recovery key. I provided him with a BitLocker...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winsows 10 the bitlocker recovery key is incorrect

2. win 10 incorrect bit locker