Windows 10: Incorrect Boilerplate Answers

Discus and support Incorrect Boilerplate Answers in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The volunteers on answers.microsoft.com aften post the same answers no matter how obviously incorrect they are.Recently, I have been looking at a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChaosOrdeal, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Incorrect Boilerplate Answers

The volunteers on answers.microsoft.com aften post the same answers no matter how obviously incorrect they are.Recently, I have been looking at a way to resolve a problem where Windows automatically jockeys my applications around on my three monitors, often making the worst possible choice, like Windows will move every application to the only monitor that is currently turned off.The real solution to this issue is:1 there just isn't one, although MS is supposedly correcting this issue in an upcoming version of Windows 10 that you must be in the Insider Program to get at the moment2 there are

:)

ChaosOrdeal, Jan 14, 2023

2. Boilerplate Tech Support

I've been seeing an increase in the amount of boilerplate tech support from Microsoft employees. This adds to an already dismal reputation for Microsoft support.

Does your workflow reward employees for giving solutions even when they are useless? Consider evaluating support employees based on percentage of solutions that are marked as answers or marked as "helpful". If an employee has a low percentage, a manager
    should review their response threads and watch for boilerplate responses and disparaging reactions from customers.

Boilerplate tech support mean using the following tech support workflow:

1. Spend up to 15 seconds identifying the category of the question (e.g. mouse, printer, application).

2. Ignore specific question (e.g. middle-click, compatibility with apple devices)

3. Paste boilerplate (based on the general category) such as: reinstall drivers/Windows/application, reboot, make sure computer/printer is
    plugged in and turned on.

I know you get a huge volume of common tech support questions, so boilerplate responses are an important tool when applicable. But just make sure they are relevant to the question. For example, if a feature is simply not supported, then reinstalling won't
    help. It's really annoying to get boilerplate responses when it is obvious that the support engineer is ignoring the actual question.

Suggested workflow:

1. Identify the category of the question (e.g. mouse, printer, application).

2. Examine the specific question (e.g. middle-click, compatibility with apple devices)

3. Is the feature supported by default in the standard installation?

Yes =>

Assert that the feature is supported by default (this is important because it tells the user that their question was actually read).

Describe how to use the feature.

Suggest that if the feature doesn't work, try reinstalling etc...

Paste boilerplate as appropriate

No =>

Is there fix or a workaround?

Yes =>

Describe it.

No =>

That feature is not supported at this time.

See if there's an enhancement request, etc. Add a link.

Regards,

Ken Seehart

KenSeehart, Jan 14, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2023
  4. Incorrect Boilerplate Answers

System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Jan 14, 2023
Thema:

Incorrect Boilerplate Answers

1. Incorrect Boilerplate Answers - Similar Threads - Incorrect Boilerplate Answers

2. Answer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Answer: Dear HanzFordyWhar is the status of the issue on this thread?My laptop keeps getting various BSOD and black screen. And it get - Microsoft Community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer/08076e7a-84fb-488d-bf45-f3d316c152bf
  3. Answer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Answer: Dear HanzFordyWhar is the status of the issue on this thread?My laptop keeps getting various BSOD and black screen. And it get - Microsoft Community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer/08076e7a-84fb-488d-bf45-f3d316c152bf
  4. Answer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer: Dear MatthewWhat was the cause of the issue described in this threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-does-not-turn-on-fully-black-at-all/16e0704b-7b46-4bae-84eb-a2b094dbf459...
  5. Answer

Answer: Dear MatthewWhat was the cause of the issue described in this threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-does-not-turn-on-fully-black-at-all/16e0704b-7b46-4bae-84eb-a2b094dbf459...
  6. Incorrect Boilerplate Answers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Boilerplate Answers: The volunteers on answers.microsoft.com aften post the same answers no matter how obviously incorrect they are.Recently, I have been looking at a way to resolve a problem where Windows automatically jockeys my applications around on my three monitors, often making the worst...
  7. Incorrect Boilerplate Answers

Incorrect Boilerplate Answers: The volunteers on answers.microsoft.com aften post the same answers no matter how obviously incorrect they are.Recently, I have been looking at a way to resolve a problem where Windows automatically jockeys my applications around on my three monitors, often making the worst...
  8. answers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    answers: why can't I find my questions I submitted to see if I have any answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answers/9cd63bd2-74a8-4a5a-8bcd-1d5ee9ffe6ad
  9. answers

in Windows 10 Customization
    answers: why can't I find my questions I submitted to see if I have any answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answers/9cd63bd2-74a8-4a5a-8bcd-1d5ee9ffe6ad
  10. answer

in Windows 10 Customization
    answer: i shall try that and let you know later thank you Allan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer/352e0e4c-c59c-4775-9a8c-2e52863717d3