Windows 10: incorrect cpu usage values

Discus and support incorrect cpu usage values in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erold Joshua Torres, Oct 22, 2022.

1. incorrect cpu usage values

My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one there and it shows on mine 17% but the total shown above is somewhere 90% I've installed different anti-viruses to check and it showed no malwares I've also asked others that know a lot on this kind of stuff they said it was normal but I'm still concerned since my pc slowed down so much just even opening task manager takes

:)

Erold Joshua Torres, Oct 22, 2022
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 22, 2022
  3. LemP Win User
    HP EliteBook 2530p forced shutdown automatically due to high CPU Usage

High CPU usage -- even 100% CPU usage -- shouldn't in itself cause a shutdown. However, if the computer is running at 100% CPU usage for any significant length of time, particularly if the vents are blocked, either physically or by dust accumulation, the
    CPU is likely to overheat, which will cause a shutdown.

1. Open Task Manager, select the Processes tab, and click the button to "Show processes from all users."
    2. Click "CPU" in the header row once or twice to sort the entries in the order of decreasing CPU usage.
    3. Create the situation where you have 100% CPU usage
    4. List the "Image Name" of the top 5 items in the list together with the indicated CPU usage for each.
    5. As soon as you have noted the values in Step 4, right-click on the top item and select "End Process."; repeat until CPU usage drops to a more reasonable value.
    You should also download one of the following free utilities and monitor the temperature of your CPU and system:

Core Temp
    https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

HW Monitor
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

SpeedFan
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

HWInfo
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

4. borophyll Win User

incorrect cpu usage values

Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage

If I open Settings in Windows 10, then go to System > Storage, I get the following usage for C:
    161Gb used of 285Gb
    whereas File Explorer gives the more sensible 21Gb used of 145Gb, which is almost certainly the correct values, given that it is a 145Gb partition, and is a fresh install of Windows 10. The C: partition is on a 480Gb SSD drive.

Here is a screenshot of disk management showing the correct values

incorrect cpu usage values [​IMG]

And here is a screenshot of the Storage screen with the incorrect values

incorrect cpu usage values [​IMG]

Can anyone explain why this is?

Thanks.

borophyll, Oct 22, 2022
Thema:

incorrect cpu usage values

1. incorrect cpu usage values - Similar Threads - incorrect cpu usage

2. incorrect cpu usage values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect cpu usage values: My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one...
  3. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  4. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  5. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. New feature of nvidia experience "performance" - Strange cpu usage value

New feature of nvidia experience "performance" - Strange cpu usage value: I have a Hp Pavillion with one year or so that i dicided to upgrade the graphics card, a new Gtx 1650 is has far has i can go dued to the limitation of the 75W, found a issue not related to the topic that windows media feature pack migh had solve it, but runs smootly with no...
  7. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage: So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing my clock speed by 100...
  8. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value: I've just upgraded to the newly released Windows 10 Home 1809 and notice in task manager that the total at the top of the CPU column is always much higher than the actual sum of the detail. For example, at the moment total CPU is over 60% but there is just one task with...
  9. Data Usage App showing incorrect value

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage App showing incorrect value: Hi everyone, I'm trying to monitor my data usage and found some odd things. My data usage monitor built into windows (in Settings -> Network) is showing I've used 72 gigabytes in the last month. However, a 3rd party app (its called Data Usage on the Window's store) is...
  10. Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect disk usage values displayed in Settings > System > Storage: If I open Settings in Windows 10, then go to System > Storage, I get the following usage for C: 161Gb used of 285Gb whereas File Explorer gives the more sensible 21Gb used of 145Gb, which is almost certainly the correct values, given that it is a 145Gb partition, and is a...