Windows 10: Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files

Discus and support Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having issues with downloaded files having a date not corresponding with my systems date. It all began after updating to Windows 10 1803. Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by polishmeblack, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files

I am having issues with downloaded files having a date not corresponding with my systems date. It all began after updating to Windows 10 1803. Files were downloaded on the 1/13/2019 but it's having 2016 date on it and this is affecting my sorting. Any fix for this please?

:)

polishmeblack, Jan 13, 2019

2. Seeing incorrect photo dates in Photos app

Hi christopherfagan,

As a first step in investigating this further, I'd like to take a closer look at one of the files that this is happening to. Can you reply back with a screenshot of the file info? I've provided steps below for how to capture the information for us.

• Open File Explorer (Start > File Explorer)

• In the navigation bar, type “Libraries\Pictures” without the quotations.

Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files 16859234-7567-445a-9375-b3b6020791aa.png

• Search for the filename of one of the images that has the incorrect date.

• Right-click on the columns (Name, Date), and ensure that the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns are checked

Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files e54952b4-c313-4808-818c-aeba8f2a58fa.png

• Take a screenshot of the result with the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns visible. It should look like this:

Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files cf61bdb4-dbfb-45e3-be1e-882c06db94c9.png

• Also check the File Properties of the image

• Right-click the image and select Properties.

• Switch to the Details tab.

• Let us know the Date taken, Date created, and Date modified.

Adam A (Windows), Jan 13, 2019
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files

windows 10 files saved to my computer. incorrect dates in the date added, date modified and date created column. wrong dates are applied to all columns.

Hi,

This problem may occur if the system clock of your computer is incorrect. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to ask the following:

• Is the system clock of your computer appropriate on your time zone?
    • Are you experiencing this issue on files included in a specific partition or all partitions on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files

1. Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files - Similar Threads - Incorrect Date Downloaded

2. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...
  4. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  5. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  6. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10: I have downloaded thousands of pictures from Google Photos. The pictures have correct metadata in Google Photos, including "date taken", for all photos.However, in WIndows 10, the "data taken" for photos sent to me by others has been changed to the download date. The "date...
  7. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10: I have downloaded thousands of pictures from Google Photos. The pictures have correct metadata in Google Photos, including "date taken", for all photos.However, in WIndows 10, the "data taken" for photos sent to me by others has been changed to the download date. The "date...
  8. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly: When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong date. My computer has the correct date and time on it so why is it assigning the wrong date to the dowloaded or saved file? I'm...
  10. incorrect date

incorrect date: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-date/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"