Windows 10: incorrect date

Discus and support incorrect date in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alice AMI, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Alice AMI Win User

incorrect date

The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong

:)

Alice AMI, Nov 23, 2018

2. Seeing incorrect photo dates in Photos app

Hi christopherfagan,

As a first step in investigating this further, I'd like to take a closer look at one of the files that this is happening to. Can you reply back with a screenshot of the file info? I've provided steps below for how to capture the information for us.

• Open File Explorer (Start > File Explorer)

• In the navigation bar, type “Libraries\Pictures” without the quotations.

incorrect date 16859234-7567-445a-9375-b3b6020791aa.png

• Search for the filename of one of the images that has the incorrect date.

• Right-click on the columns (Name, Date), and ensure that the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns are checked

incorrect date e54952b4-c313-4808-818c-aeba8f2a58fa.png

• Take a screenshot of the result with the Date, Date taken, and Date created columns visible. It should look like this:

incorrect date cf61bdb4-dbfb-45e3-be1e-882c06db94c9.png

• Also check the File Properties of the image

• Right-click the image and select Properties.

• Switch to the Details tab.

• Let us know the Date taken, Date created, and Date modified.

Adam A (Windows), Nov 23, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2018
  4. ryanAA Win User

incorrect date

Date is incorrect

The date on my computer is incorrect. When I change it by clicking on the time and date in the lower right-hand corner of the screen and manually changing the date, it always reverts back to an incorrect date in the future (approximately 12 days ahead
    of the actual date). The time is always correct. Thank you.

ryanAA, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

incorrect date

1. incorrect date - Similar Threads - incorrect date

2. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  3. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  4. Date of birth incorrect, one year old !! on parent account so cannot change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Date of birth incorrect, one year old !! on parent account so cannot change: Cannot change date of birth of parent account as it was incorrect entered as one year old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-of-birth-incorrect-one-year-old-on-parent/3c95e40b-765f-4aec-a4a1-b4df126a56f2
  5. Date of birth incorrect, one year old !! on parent account so cannot change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date of birth incorrect, one year old !! on parent account so cannot change: Cannot change date of birth of parent account as it was incorrect entered as one year old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-of-birth-incorrect-one-year-old-on-parent/3c95e40b-765f-4aec-a4a1-b4df126a56f2
  6. Date of birth incorrect, one year old !! on parent account so cannot change

7. Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time: I recently saw a message in the Photos app that MS was making some changes to the app. Today I launched the app and a message I had never seen before asked me if I wish to keep some data that was not being used or delete it. I clicked on 'keep it' and then tried to import...
  8. Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time

Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time: I recently saw a message in the Photos app that MS was making some changes to the app. Today I launched the app and a message I had never seen before asked me if I wish to keep some data that was not being used or delete it. I clicked on 'keep it' and then tried to import...
  9. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...
  10. Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer

Incorrect "Date Created" dates in Windows 11 File Explorer: I have been having this problem for several months. Regardless of how I create a new file, the Date Created is incorrect. It is from 2008 today the dates is 2/7/2008. This occurs even if copy and paste a file within File Explorer.I've seen posts about utilities that can be...