Windows 10: Incorrect default Microsoft account

Discus and support Incorrect default Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I select from windows 10 Settings, accounts the default email address/outlook account it links to is the wrong outlook account. How do I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pepper_in_london, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Incorrect default Microsoft account

When I select from windows 10 Settings, accounts the default email address/outlook account it links to is the wrong outlook account. How do I change it?

:)

Pepper_in_london, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Lost my default user account

My default user account is not listed during startup; only the Guest account called Windows User is available.

Earlier, I was trying to find my Microsoft account, but don't think I was successful. I entered a password I had used years ago with the Microsoft Community, but it was incorrect. I'm not sure what I would see if I had opened my Microsoft account. I guess something happened.

I shut down and restarted my computer and to my surprise I was asked for a password. I don't recall what happened when I originally set up the computer, but would have eliminated the password, if possible. I fiddled around, not sure what to do, and accidentally selected Windows User when I started the computer again. Now I'm not asked, and Windows User is automatically used.

My default account is still on the computer. I started with Administrator privileges, and ran C:\WINDWS\system32>net user and it is listed as the default account (WDAGUtilityAccount is listed under the Default Account heading). Windows User is the guest account.

I attempted to use System Restore from the Windows User Account but it was off. Since it is a different account, it probably would not have helped.
    Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Incorrect default Microsoft account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect default Microsoft account

1. Incorrect default Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Incorrect default Microsoft

2. Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.: My location history shows me visiting other states yesterday and today. I have not left my house in California all weekend. Why is this happening?...
  3. Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.: My location history shows me visiting other states yesterday and today. I have not left my house in California all weekend. Why is this happening?...
  4. Microsoft account shows incorrect country

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account shows incorrect country: Sorry if this is the wrong group, I can not find a suitable one to post this question on.When I log onto my Microsoft account and look at my recent activity it shows my location of my IP address as the USA, despite the fact I am in the UK. I have check with my ISP and...
  5. Microsoft account shows incorrect country

Microsoft account shows incorrect country: Sorry if this is the wrong group, I can not find a suitable one to post this question on.When I log onto my Microsoft account and look at my recent activity it shows my location of my IP address as the USA, despite the fact I am in the UK. I have check with my ISP and...
  6. Microsoft account shows incorrect country

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  8. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  9. Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account: I use a Microsoft account for my WIndows 10. I have confirmed that my password is correct by logging in to by Microsoft account online. However, when I wish to change my password locally, Windows still tell me that my password is incorrect. Seems like my local password is...
  10. Help logging in with incorrect microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help logging in with incorrect microsoft account: Hi everyone, just want to say thanks in advance for your time and effort! These forums are invaluable. I'm trying to do some troubleshooting for my (very senior) father. I must admit I have little to no experience with windows 10 as all of my machines run 7, so please...