Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties"

Discus and support Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to ascertain the size of my User folder. Right clicking on C:\Users\myusername directory shows 297 GB, however, I know it is much larger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wiivile, Jun 5, 2018.

1. wiivile Win User

I'm trying to ascertain the size of my User folder. Right clicking on C:\Users\myusername directory shows 297 GB, however, I know it is much larger than that; the a certain folder within my User folder, for example, is over 400GB. I believe the size of the folder is actually about 1.4TB.

I re-indexed and this did not fix the problem. I ran chkdsk upon reboot and this did not fix the problem. My hard drive has no bad sectors according to Crystaldiskinfo (it is a 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD).

Any ideas why "Properties" would mis-report (underreport!) the size of my User folder?

:)

wiivile, Jun 5, 2018
  2. ElceeT Win User

Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Amit(Kumar) Win User
    increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties" - Similar Threads - Incorrect directory size

2. size of icons on my computer display screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    size of icons on my computer display screen: how to make them smaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/size-of-icons-on-my-computer-display-screen/30ae5c4b-42bf-43c4-b6b0-7c0213fa3f50
  3. How do I get iTunes to download to entirely different directory from C?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get iTunes to download to entirely different directory from C?: How do I get I Tunes to download to entirely different directory from C? Every time, even though all the download locations are changes, I Tunes downloads to C and NEVER asks to verify location..NEVER!! What is up and what is wrong...e-mail address is *** Email address is...
  4. changing custom pointer size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing custom pointer size: hi, hello, so here's the thing, i made a bunch of custom pointers, sized 48x48px if i recall that well. then, whenever i try to change i try to change the original one within windows system the size change back to 32x32px :v is there a way to make the size however i...
  5. Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome on Windows incorrectly warns some users against incompatible apps: Google Chrome is without a doubt the most popular internet browser in the world right now and according to third-party data, it holds close to 65% market share. Google Chrome is easy to use and secure. Last year, the search engine giant updated the web browser with a...
  6. Srenn size and everything on it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Srenn size and everything on it.: !!!!I hope someone can PLEASE help me. My problem is I think I may have pressed a key or keys I'm not aware of and my whole screen and everything on it has changed. It's smaller, tried changing resolution, No help. The bar at the top of the screen that is usually there when...
  7. Screen display size

Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....
  8. password incorrect windows10

password incorrect windows10: help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/password-incorrect-windows10/ad46fd77-e6c2-4a58-9755-d7e240a28d30
  9. Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane: My tired old eyes, 85 years, no longer can comfortably read emails in the reading pane. How can I increase the size of the font a notch or two? I searched the web but cannot find an answer that will work on my W10 system. Will really appreciate any help on this. Thank you....
  10. Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]

Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]: I would like to report a bug. We have two windows accounts on our computer - me (administrator) and my girlfriend. I have these languages/keyboard layouts set up: English, Czech, Russian She has these: English (UK), Czech, Slovak, Russian, Serbian, Macedonian,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. directory size incorrect