Windows 10: Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation

Discus and support Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,the Microsoft website for offline product activation is displayed incorrectly, is the problem known?Best regards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JannikGHG, Jan 30, 2023.

1. JannikGHG Win User

Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation

Hello,the Microsoft website for offline product activation is displayed incorrectly, is the problem known?Best regards

:)

JannikGHG, Jan 30, 2023

2. Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Jan 30, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

P4-630, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation

1. Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation - Similar Threads - Incorrect display Microsoft

2. Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect display of Microsoft website during offline Windows product activation: Hello,the Microsoft website for offline product activation is displayed incorrectly, is the problem known?Best regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-display-of-microsoft-website-during/a6a2bd82-122e-4123-8025-25bae950732b
  3. Falsche Darstellung von Microsoft Website bei Offline Windows Produktaktivierung

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Falsche Darstellung von Microsoft Website bei Offline Windows Produktaktivierung: Hallo,die Website von Microsoft zur Offline Produktaktivierung wird falsch dargestellt, ist das Problem bekannt?MfG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/falsche-darstellung-von-microsoft-website-bei/a6a2bd82-122e-4123-8025-25bae950732b
  4. Incorrect Country for Microsoft Sign-In Activity

Incorrect Country for Microsoft Sign-In Activity: I live in Australia and my profile says Australia as country. However in security in Microsoft sign in activity it has successful attempts at log in United states. Therefore any surveys or comps etc it won't let me access as Microsoft Automated server says log in location...
  5. Incorrect Country for Microsoft Sign-In Activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Country for Microsoft Sign-In Activity: I live in Australia and my profile says Australia as country. However in security in Microsoft sign in activity it has successful attempts at log in United states. Therefore any surveys or comps etc it won't let me access as Microsoft Automated server says log in location...
  6. Incorrect Country for Microsoft Sign-In Activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Offline Product Key activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline Product Key activation: I need to activate a product key without having the computer that has the software downloaded on it connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-product-key-activation/a246e487-a13f-43bd-add8-23404c597e12
  8. Offline Product Key activation

Offline Product Key activation: I need to activate a product key without having the computer that has the software downloaded on it connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-product-key-activation/a246e487-a13f-43bd-add8-23404c597e12
  9. I have a website to report. It is a website providing support for microsoft products....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a website to report. It is a website providing support for microsoft products....: I have a website to report. It is a website providing support for microsoft products. Please guide me.The website is microsoftofficesupport .pw without spaces.I was ask to pay for software problem and the problem was fixed. It was a good service and I did not think of it...
  10. Offline Activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Offline Activation: Just activated Win10 pro offline..(HP OEM). Worked fine. However, had to recover machine with an older image and it was unactivated after reboot. I thought the activation was magically stored in bios somewhere after activation (like the product key), so that the activation...