Windows 10: Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties

Discus and support Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My network harddrive is a MyBookLive, 2TB, with 996GB free, NTFS. I believe this drive does NOT support quota limits. In Win10 File Explorer, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BruceKaiser, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties

My network harddrive is a MyBookLive, 2TB, with 996GB free, NTFS. I believe this drive does NOT support quota limits.

In Win10 File Explorer, the Properties|Quota tab for any shares mapped on the MyBookLive state "This drive supports space limits for each user, so a single user cannot fill the entire disk. Click this button to view or change these limits" . But if I click on the "View Quota Settings" button, it opens an additional Quota Settings dialog box that contains the same statement and the same button, with no other displayed information. This continues each time you click on the button.

Other external drives (USB connected) all open a legitimate dialog box for "Quotas", which correctly show that "Quotas are disabled", along with other information.

I believe this issue may be preventing me from copying large files to the network drive, because I get errors saying there is not enough space available, but the same error message shows adequate free space.

Can you help me correct this issue?

Thanks.

Bruce Kaiser

:)

BruceKaiser, Dec 14, 2018

2. why am I getting an issue with "not enough quota" when I try to save across my home network?

Hi I cannot save a document to the shared drive although I can access it. Is says "you do not have enough quota for this task" I will try what you suggest. Thanks

Chrisburgintlf, Dec 14, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties

1. Incorrect display of Network Drive Quota properties - Similar Threads - Incorrect display Network

2. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  3. explorer file properties incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer file properties incorrect: I will try to be brief; I have a sony camera that produces photos with high ISOs over 64000: if I view the properties of files with higher ISOs in Explorer, the maximum visible value remains 65535 instead of 102400. For me that I have many photos it's a problem because I...
  4. How to add or remove Quota tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Quota tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Quota tab in the Properties window of Drives allows you to manage disk quota settings for the drive. In this post, we will show you […] This article How to add or remove Quota tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue - users are upset at the change though. Has anyone seen this? Our networking properties on several computers randomly started showing things like for IPV4 : @%systemroot%/system32/drivers/tcpip.sys, -10100 . Only...
  6. Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties

Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties: Hello, I've noticed an error or bug that has begun occurring in the last month with the Properties box. I have a folder that contains more than 4 terabytes of data in more than 23,000 files and yet when I right click within the folder and select Properties, the popup box...
  7. 'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter: If you go to the "Device Manager" control panel window, and open the 'Network Adapters' drop down, there is a list of different Network Adapters. My goal was to change the MAC address on my wireless adapter that I use to connect to the wifi. You can do this by displaying the...
  8. Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties: In Properties for my N drive, the network path ends in \d, not \n - how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-network-path-in-drive-properties/15a1a878-7104-4027-afe9-2f4f1b6d74d8
  9. viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network

viewing "Properties" of shared drives on a home network: My question is: How do I view the "Properties" of the other drives in my networked computers. Before I used Windows 10, ( all 4 computers were on windows 7) all I had to do was point to the shared drive on another networked computer and right click on it and select...
  10. Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties"

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties": I'm trying to ascertain the size of my User folder. Right clicking on C:\Users\myusername directory shows 297 GB, however, I know it is much larger than that; the a certain folder within my User folder, for example, is over 400GB. I believe the size of the folder is actually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive properties quota

2. network drive showing quota limits