Windows 10: Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps

Discus and support Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for years now with different machines and location sensors. All of my computers have location sensors and turn-by-turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VukL, Jul 18, 2021.

1. VukL Win User

Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps

I have been having this problem for years now with different machines and location sensors. All of my computers have location sensors and turn-by-turn navigation in Maps works, meaning that the location is tracked properly. Additionally, voice navigation works - voice-over correctly announces next turn. However, within the app, top of the screen always says "Proceed towards highlighted route", and the next turn maneuver underneath is usually some random maneuver from the past which does not get updated. In the example below, the first turn in the current route is "left in 282ft to S 4th Ave",

:)

2. Any plans for turn by turn GPS in Bing Maps?

It's strange indeed. This is apparently due to a licensing restriction from NAVTEQ that impacts how Bing Maps can be used. From the

Bing Maps API Terms of use
    :

" Restrictions on your use: We do have some restrictions on your use of the service. You may not...present or alert an end user to individual maneuvers of a route in any way that is synchronized with
    the end-user’s sensor-based position along the route (e.g. “real-time” navigation);"

I had to use it the other day and I have to say it's a step towards turn-by-turn navigation but not quite there

Joel Ivory Johnson, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Problems with turn by turn navigation in bing maps

I have noticed that the built in Maps application of Mango does not give turn by turn navigation anymore after the latest update on 10 Dec 2011 (OS version 7.10.7740.16) It always says "we Can't reach Bing Maps at the moment. Check your mobile data or
    WiFi connection. " Short of restoring previous state, Is there a solution to get back turn by turn navigation?

Thanks

What is a phone?, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps

Turn by Turn Navigation Update for Bing Maps Similar to Google Maps.

When is windows phone going to receive turn by turn navigation for bing maps?

Bloodsilent, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps

1. Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps - Similar Threads - Incorrect display next

2. PC turns on no display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on no display: Hi, I've seen similar questions, but without any particular answer + I have a different case then those I've seenSo my PC turns on normally, but no display. Monitor or hdmi cable are surely not the causes.Now, maybe it points to something or at least rules some potential...
  3. PC turns on no display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on no display: Hi, I've seen similar questions, but without any particular answer + I have a different case then those I've seenSo my PC turns on normally, but no display. Monitor or hdmi cable are surely not the causes.Now, maybe it points to something or at least rules some potential...
  4. No display but turns on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display but turns on?: So long story short, I was attempting to enter the advanced startup menu however it never showed usually reverting me to my signup screen or not sending a signal to my display but still showing power, after several attempts now my computer runs but the under glow light...
  5. No display but turns on?

No display but turns on?: So long story short, I was attempting to enter the advanced startup menu however it never showed usually reverting me to my signup screen or not sending a signal to my display but still showing power, after several attempts now my computer runs but the under glow light...
  6. Pc display is not turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc display is not turning on: So i have this problem where i turn on my pc and it shows everything like the windows logo loading tben it turns black not full black likes its off and it shows another loading dot circle then it disapears. I sit there and the monitor doesnt do anything and I cannof login...
  7. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.: We've been recommending windows 10 maps to our customers. It's been working fine until they updated to windows 10 1809. The maps will initially work for few minutes. But when driving, while using the turn by turn navigation, the maps freezes and stops working. The only way it...
  8. Turn off traffic delay in Maps

Turn off traffic delay in Maps: Is there a way to turn off the traffic delay for travel time in Maps? Since I plan my route the day before, current traffic delays aren't really relevant, but I don't see a way to turn it off....
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. PC turns on, but no display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC turns on, but no display: In December I bought a gaming PC. It turned out to have a defective GPU, so I exchanged it for the same model at the store. That model seemed to be in working order until yesterday when I got a temperature warning of 77C at light load and repeated voltage warnings from Aegis...