Windows 10: Incorrect DOB

Discus and support Incorrect DOB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My new Asus has windows 10. I put the incorrect DOB in. Showing me as about 2 months old! Windows won't let me alter it...Can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkTownsend52, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Incorrect DOB

My new Asus has windows 10. I put the incorrect DOB in. Showing me as about 2 months old! Windows won't let me alter it...Can anyone help?

:)

MarkTownsend52, Nov 24, 2021

2. Edit DOB

Thanks all.

Hi Mark, I think your hitting on my problem. I am trying to correct my dob in my microsoft account. I accessed this from a google search. For some reason my dob is set as 2017 and therefore has a child status. I was born in 69 and Im now unable to download
    software updates for itunes and the like on to my desktop unless a I correct my dob. I will try the links you have suggested.

lewismaclean1, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Hys3qm Win User
    Changing child's DOB but no option to do so

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this
    child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

And I can't change the DOB from my son's account via the 'personal info' section.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

Hys3qm, Nov 25, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Incorrect DOB

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Incorrect DOB

1. Incorrect DOB - Similar Threads - Incorrect DOB

2. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  3. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  4. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  6. 2 issues. Microsoft thinks I am a child. My DOB is incorrect. I also have two accounts...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2 issues. Microsoft thinks I am a child. My DOB is incorrect. I also have two accounts...: Hi. I have two issues. Microsoft thinks I am a child. My date of birth is incorrect. I also have two accounts linked together which i want de-coupled. Support said the issue needs to be fixed on a parent account but I am the parent - i'm 45! HELP...
  7. 2 issues. Microsoft thinks I am a child. My DOB is incorrect. I also have two accounts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 issues. Microsoft thinks I am a child. My DOB is incorrect. I also have two accounts...: Hi. I have two issues. Microsoft thinks I am a child. My date of birth is incorrect. I also have two accounts linked together which i want de-coupled. Support said the issue needs to be fixed on a parent account but I am the parent - i'm 45! HELP...
  8. 2 issues. Microsoft thinks I am a child. My DOB is incorrect. I also have two accounts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Incorrect DOB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect DOB: My new Asus has windows 10. I put the incorrect DOB in. Showing me as about 2 months old! Windows won't let me alter it...Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-dob/a94ed687-81d3-424b-b9d3-be8e4b9346f4
  10. Incorrect DOB

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect DOB: My new Asus has windows 10. I put the incorrect DOB in. Showing me as about 2 months old! Windows won't let me alter it...Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-dob/a94ed687-81d3-424b-b9d3-be8e4b9346f4