Windows 10: Incorrect E-Mail Address

Discus and support Incorrect E-Mail Address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What should happen when you send an e-mail but you entered the address incorrectly like accidentally misspelling the name? I always assumed that the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Incorrect E-Mail Address

What should happen when you send an e-mail but you entered the address incorrectly like accidentally misspelling the name? I always assumed that the e-mail would be bounced back to make you aware of this problem. I have now discovered that some e-mail servers are like black holes and they will not reject any e-mails valid or not.

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Nov 17, 2019

2. E-mail address autocomplete list, where?

Hello,

I need to clean the e-mail autocomplete address list, you know every time you write an e-mail the phone suggests an address. Like the grey "pop-up" (actually, pop-below), but that is the list I need to clean/delete - So where is it? or how do I clean that
    list?

BR

:smileysad:

Mentor_JRH, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Incorrect E-Mail Address

Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

Hi

I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete an incorrect e-mail address, not only do I have incorrect e-mail addresses, but I also have an e-mail address
    from a deceased relative which I cannot delete, which gives me grief whenever I see this address pop up. As everyone else has said Outlook & every other e-mail provider has a simple delete function for this most basic of tasks, why are Microsoft just ignoring
    such a deluge of complaints when the fix must be so simple?

Regards

Danny

*****Moved from Windows 10 / Windows settings*****

sheamansenior777, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect E-Mail Address

1. Incorrect E-Mail Address - Similar Threads - Incorrect Mail Address

2. Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11: When setting up a new Windows 11 laptop, I accidentally typed my e-mail address incorrectly. This incorrect account is now the Administrator account. I have managed to create a second user account with the correct e-mail address, but I cannot make it the Administrator and...
  3. Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect e-mail address Windows 11: When setting up a new Windows 11 laptop, I accidentally typed my e-mail address incorrectly. This incorrect account is now the Administrator account. I have managed to create a second user account with the correct e-mail address, but I cannot make it the Administrator and...
  4. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  5. Wrong E-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong E-mail address: We got a new laptop today. We used an e-mail account yahoo, which has a letter missing. But we registered the office with the right e-mail addressyahoo. We cannot remove the wrong account. The only option is Manage. It only allows us to remove the correct e-mail address. I...
  6. E-mail address that 'request for extra screen time' goes to is incorrect.

E-mail address that 'request for extra screen time' goes to is incorrect.: Somehow I messed something up when setting up Microsoft Family. My child's requests are being sent to my old g-mail account. I want them to go to my current outlook.com account. For the life of me, I cannot find where that setting is. Any advice is appreciated....
  7. misspelled e- mail address.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    misspelled e- mail address.: How do I correct a misspelled? Microsoft popup keeps telling me my e-mail address needs to be corrected but it won`t let me . All I`m changing is one letter but it says it`s not available....
  8. How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account?

How to correct incorrect e-mail address on child's account?: It looks like someone hacked my kid's account and the e-mail address associated with the Microsoft account is not their address. I can see the details in the family section on my account home page. We do not have access to that e-mail account and my kid cannot login to...
  9. Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Auto suggest incorrect e-mail addresses: Hi I know this isnt a new question I have seen questions relating back to 2016 with Microsoft saying there is no facility in Windows mail to delete an incorrect e-mail address, not only do I have incorrect e-mail addresses, but I also have an e-mail address from a deceased...
  10. e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing incorrect email address from windows 10