Windows 10: Incorrect email address during account creation

Discus and support Incorrect email address during account creation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I am enquiring on behalf of a friend who has been having issue getting contact with Microsoft Support. She has purchased a Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cherise Ang, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Incorrect email address during account creation

Hi there,

I am enquiring on behalf of a friend who has been having issue getting contact with Microsoft Support.

She has purchased a Microsoft Student Home edition license. However, her email had a typo error during registration. As such, she is unable to sign in to her microsoft account and receive any email or notification or even reset her microsoft as the email address is wrong.

Please advise how she can rectify this issue?

:)

Cherise Ang, Feb 15, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Incorrect email address during account creation

Mail App/Icon Email Address Incorrect

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. Which email address is incorrect? Is it your accounts email address reflecting under
    Accounts on the left pane of the Mail app?

2. What do you mean by “there are no emails available”? Don’t you see any emails in any of the folders listed on the left pane of the Mail app?

3. Have you synced all the contacts in the People app?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Windows Store Apps.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Incorrect email address during account creation

1. Incorrect email address during account creation - Similar Threads - Incorrect email address

2. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  3. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  4. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  5. Email address incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email address incorrect: Hello, When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter the outlook.com and it tells me this address unavailable. This is true, but it is MY correct address! I try to change it...
  6. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  7. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  8. How to delete incorrect Email address choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete incorrect Email address choice: I typed an email address incorrectly and saved it for my contact list. I then corrected the email address and saved it.. When I create a new email, the incorrect address appears as a choice along with the correct address at the “TO” line. How do I delete the incorrect...
  9. Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

in Cortana
    Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me: When I open Cortana it shows " Cortana has lost access to my account" When I go through the process of trying to fix , it comes up with a wrong email address for me. I thought I used my Microsoft account address. Obviously I got on this forum using my Microsoft account. Any...
  10. Change account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account email address: My account show an old email address - how can I change that to mt actual email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-account-email-address/633506c1-cfe0-4c18-8547-426cbd59c01b"