Windows 10: Incorrect email identification

Discus and support Incorrect email identification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DoreenSmith1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Incorrect email identification

Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail.

:)

DoreenSmith1, Aug 11, 2019

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Aug 11, 2019
  3. entered incorrect email add. during setup new laptop

Thank you for the additional information. We suggest that you follow these steps to manage your email profile:

• Open Outlook 2016 app.
    • Click on File.
    • Go to Account settings drop down.
    • Select Account Settings...
    • Go to Email tab.
    • Click Change... Here is where you can manage or edit your email profile.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 11, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Incorrect email identification

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect email identification

1. Incorrect email identification - Similar Threads - Incorrect email identification

2. Intel Processor Identification Utility for Windows Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Processor Identification Utility for Windows Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00281 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 08/13/2019 Last revised: 08/13/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the...
  3. entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    entered email incorrect in new laptop setup: While setting it up my new laptop, I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entered-email-incorrect-in-new-laptop-setup/4e1a040e-0e9f-4a24-982d-3a4a78897277
  4. What is this? Boot Manager identification please?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is this? Boot Manager identification please?: What is this? Amazon Drive I mean, I know WHAT it is, I just don't know how it got on my system: Around EOY 2015, I purchased this new computer replacement. It's had this boot manager in place since purchase. But. I'- ve never really needed to use it, much. Now, I do have...
  5. Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

in Cortana
    Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me: When I open Cortana it shows " Cortana has lost access to my account" When I go through the process of trying to fix , it comes up with a wrong email address for me. I thought I used my Microsoft account address. Obviously I got on this forum using my Microsoft account. Any...
  6. Network identification services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network identification services: It takes too long for network connection to go up with DHCP on start of Windows 10. It seems that it does more than just connecting (like checking if internet is avalible and so on). Is there no other way to disable those things and speed it up?...
  7. my recovery email is incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my recovery email is incorrect: my recovery email and cell phone number are incorrect (out of date) its saying i requested a security change in August (i didnt) how can i unlock my account?...
  8. Identification du lecteur cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Identification du lecteur cd/dvd: Depuis la récente mise à jour, mon lecteur DVD/cd a été renommé en disque local E. Régulièrement j'ai une notification me disant que mon disque local E est plein et on me propose de nettoyer ce que je ne peux pas faire puisqu’il s'agit d'un lecteur de cd/DVD. Comment réparer...
  9. Identification of default browser in registry?

in Browsers and Email
    Identification of default browser in registry?: Is there some place in the registry that identifies the default browser? I've already found HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet, but that continues to contain FIREFOX.EXE even after I change the default to Chrome. 95110
  10. SSD not identifible in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not identifible in UEFI mode: So i'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 onto my operating system and I can only install it with GPT partition mode. Only issue is after it's installed on my SSD, when it restarts and boots in the BIOS it cant be identified so I can't boot the OS. This also happens with my...