Windows 10: Incorrect email identification

Discus and support Incorrect email identification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DoreenSmith1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Incorrect email identification

Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail.

:)

DoreenSmith1, Aug 11, 2019

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Aug 11, 2019
  3. entered incorrect email add. during setup new laptop

Thank you for the additional information. We suggest that you follow these steps to manage your email profile:

• Open Outlook 2016 app.
    • Click on File.
    • Go to Account settings drop down.
    • Select Account Settings...
    • Go to Email tab.
    • Click Change... Here is where you can manage or edit your email profile.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 11, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Incorrect email identification

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect email identification

1. Incorrect email identification - Similar Threads - Incorrect email identification

2. Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Email Set as Administrator email: Hi,I was trying to remove my email from my laptop as the administrator and give my father's email as the administrator. However, I missed one letter in his email and gave the wrong one. I made this incorrect email address the administrator and my account a standard user. When...
  3. Scam identification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam identification: Hello, Dear MicrosoftDo you have a technician ID# mst241681, Jacob Brown?On Thrusday, Aug.31st my computer was suddenly blocked when I tried to download a book pdf online and it told me my computer was attacked by hacker. Following the instruction I called the microsoft...
  4. Icon Identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Identification: I am trying to identify the programme that carries the icon in the image the very badly circled one. I believe it relates to a web emulator. can anyone help identify? Thank you....
  5. Device Identification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Identification: How do I match Windows Devices with my Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-identification/8aeeca73-41ad-49c9-b3ec-0991bc084b62
  6. MR clone can show incorrect SSD identification info

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MR clone can show incorrect SSD identification info: I've cloned two old SSDs to Samsung EVOs recently (on two PCs, both 20H2 Pro), and discovered that MR carries some historical identification from the disk you're cloning (DUH!). In both cases, I cloned old SSDs to brand new Samsung 870 EVO 250GB SSDs, and in both cases, on...
  7. Email address incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email address incorrect: Hello, When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter the outlook.com and it tells me this address unavailable. This is true, but it is MY correct address! I try to change it...
  8. identification changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    identification changes: I have changed a phone number that I have registered with Microsoft and or windows, and or outlook. where do I go to update those registrations Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identification-changes/0ff97a2b-f70f-4062-a5d4-9d34d87e9b10
  9. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  10. Login Email is Incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Email is Incorrect: Hi whenever I try to login to something linked to my Microsoft account Mail, Edge etc. it shows the correct email but when I am prompted for my password it has me signing into the wrong email. At one point the "wrong" email was my Microsoft account email but I have since...