Windows 10: Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it

Discus and support Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hallo, I have a backup of my old HDD drive saved on an external HDD with the following path: 'F:\T440P\C:', and yes, it is correct, the backup is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rshaaban, May 4, 2019.

1. rshaaban Win User

Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it

Hallo,

I have a backup of my old HDD drive saved on an external HDD with the following path: 'F:\T440P\C:', and yes, it is correct, the backup is in a sub-folder called 'C:'.

The new SSD drive with the OS Windows 10 is installed and has the drive letter C.

using the file explorer to access the backup, I'm able to go to 'F:\T440P\', and I can see the sub-folder 'C:', but trying to access it will bring the following path 'F:\T440P\C:' with the contents of the current C drive where the fresh OS is installed.

Windows 10 does not allow changing the folder name 'C:' to any other name. (using F2 it is possible to edit the name, giving a new name will not change it).

Web search did not help.

I really appreaciate your help to fix this problem.

Platform:

- Laptop: Lenovo T440P

Thanks in advance for your help.

[moved from German forums]

:)

rshaaban, May 4, 2019

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 4, 2019
  3. Getting folder names and not location in VB .Net

Hey guys,
    I'm getting a problem with my line of code and can't seem to find a workaround that works (all I can find is VB 6)

Code: CheckedListBox1.Items.AddRange(IO.Directory.GetDirectories("my directory here"))[/quote] This deposits all folders locations into a list box but I only need the actual folder name
    e.g:

Deposits: C:\Users\Onafets
    But all I want is "Onafets"

Is there any way to do this?

cheers

<<Onafets>>, May 4, 2019
  4. Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it

1. Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it - Similar Threads - Incorrect folder name

2. My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path: This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresIt should be:This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresaHow can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-name-is-incorrect-on-c-drive-users-path/58b0322e-4105-40fe-9160-835acb0d1b42
  3. My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path: This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresIt should be:This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresaHow can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-name-is-incorrect-on-c-drive-users-path/58b0322e-4105-40fe-9160-835acb0d1b42
  4. How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder: Hi,I recently reset my windows laptop, and after I made a local account, I think I might've accidentally made a typo. My user name Not in the lock/login screen but under the C:\Users folder was supposed to be called Splash, but instead it shows splas. I tried to rename the...
  5. How to fix pc name not showing in Network folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix pc name not showing in Network folder?: How do I fix the pc name not showing in the Network folder in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro? I have tried stopping FDResPub service and restarting. The pc shows up on a Windows 10 Pro laptop on the same family network. Also, the Windows 10 laptop shows on the Windows 11 Pro...
  6. How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder?: How to change the folder names in C-drive USERS folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-folder-names-in-c-drive-users/e81a57f3-22c0-4123-975f-c73aedacd8a6
  7. Drives C and D incorrectly named upon instal

Drives C and D incorrectly named upon instal: Hi I hope you can help with this. I had to reinstall Windows 10 as it would not boot. I see it has now installed the system on D and made C storage. I want to rename them as it causes a problem doing a system backup..IE it wants to back up C but that is storage not system....
  8. User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.: Here is the issue. I might input wrong username years ago when I got my last laptop during registration. The wrong user name might sync to windows cloud or somewhere then I was never able to correct it. Even I change the user name manually by modifying the registry by logging...
  9. User Folder Name Incorrect

User Folder Name Incorrect: Hi all, I know that other posts exist about this problem, but they all seem fairly old so I'm hoping there's a newer (more reliable) solution. I registered my Windows 10 Home Laptop with my pre-existing user account. My name is right in the settings, but for some reason,...
  10. Ramdomly Named folders on C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Ramdomly Named folders on C drive: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise I'm seeing a bunch of randomly named folders appearing on my second (non-OS) partition, with names such as "2cb82a847721fa9204182bfb1c". They all have a sub-folder named "Sandbox". Some I have access to and are empty, others I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. name mispelled on computer history file