Windows 10: Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

Discus and support Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam Tyreman, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing it all using administrator privileges and have tried from the BitLocker settings page and from CMD with the same result see screenshots we also found a 'fix' using a Regedit but the path it says to look in doesn't exist in the entries.Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Adam Tyreman, Sep 15, 2022
  2. lernuj Win User

bitlocker incorrect function error when turning off in usb drive

hello,

I cant turn off the encrypted usb drive in windows 10 after turning it on with the bitlocker.

After im moving my important files to external hdd,i would like to turn off bitlocker in my usb 3.0 but it prompts me at incorrect function when attempting to turning off bitlocker.Im running windows 10 1709 edu/32gb internal/2gb ram

Thanks in advanced Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker :).

lernuj, Sep 15, 2022
  3. Bitlocker Questions

Hey brink, I dont use hibernate ... but I might use it when i use bitlocker though.

But my concern is if i only do one step of step 3 and not do the other part of step 3... there might be some issue along the way right? Thats why im concerned about this and want to do it first before i turn on bitlocker. Or had i not do step one of step 3... i would feel safe to do it.

But could you tell me what im typing wrong though in the last step of 3 like how you found i spelled that bcdedit incorrect earlier?

paulyjustin, Sep 15, 2022
  4. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

cannot turn on bitlocker on my windows 10 hp laptop

Hi William,

To provide you an accurate resolution regarding your Bitlocker issue, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "cannot turn on Bitlocker", are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the error?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 15, 2022
Thema:

Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

1. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker - Similar Threads - Incorrect Function error

2. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker: Hello, i am trying to turn off BitLocker on my pc however every way i tried i have got the same error of ' A device attached to the system is not functioning'any idea how to fix it?...
  3. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker: Hello, i am trying to turn off BitLocker on my pc however every way i tried i have got the same error of ' A device attached to the system is not functioning'any idea how to fix it?...
  4. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. starting bitlocker incorrect function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    starting bitlocker incorrect function: Hi, I am facing issue while turning on bitlocker in the customer laptop, when click on turn on bitlocker it gives error starting bitlocker incorrect function.Thanks...
  6. starting bitlocker incorrect function

starting bitlocker incorrect function: Hi, I am facing issue while turning on bitlocker in the customer laptop, when click on turn on bitlocker it gives error starting bitlocker incorrect function.Thanks...
  7. starting bitlocker incorrect function

8. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker: Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing it all using administrator privileges and have tried from the BitLocker settings page and from CMD with the same result see...
  9. Error: Incorrect Function

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: Incorrect Function: I have been getting this error every time I open my laptop, I don't know how to fix it, so please, if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-incorrect-function/7f711573-7958-46af-8e47-f1a5192c3bbb
  10. BitLocker "Incorrect Function" when attempting to enable on ESATA drive.

BitLocker "Incorrect Function" when attempting to enable on ESATA drive.: Drive D: is a freshly format NTFS drive connected via ESATA to Windows 10 Version 1903 OS Build 18362.476. When attempting to enable BitLocker on the drive, the message below is displayed. [ATTACH] BitLocker works as expected with the same drive installed internally via...