Windows 10: Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool

Discus and support Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is an incorrect Translation in the defrag tool dfrgui.exe using German as language. This also affects older Windows Versions. The English text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jörg Hoffmann, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool

There is an incorrect Translation in the defrag tool dfrgui.exe using German as language.

This also affects older Windows Versions.

The English text is for example: "Pass 3: 75% fragmentation."

In German language settings it says: "Erfolgreich 3: 75% fragmentation", but "Erfolgreich" means "success"

"Pass" should translate to "Durchlauf" or "Durchgang" which then clearly intents it is not done and does multiple passes until it has finished.

This affects the Drive optimization Dialog using dfrgui.exe, the command "defrag.exe" shows the correct term "Durchlauf"

:)

Jörg Hoffmann, Jun 13, 2020

2. defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool

1. Incorrect German translation in dfrgui.exe Drive Optimization/Defrag tool - Similar Threads - Incorrect German translation

2. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  3. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  4. German-English translator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  5. German-English translator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  6. German-English translator

7. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  8. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  9. Defragment and Optimization Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment and Optimization Tool: Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  10. Defragment and Optimize C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256