Windows 10: Incorrect help in command prompt - fsutil DisableLastAccess

Discus and support Incorrect help in command prompt - fsutil DisableLastAccess in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I recently changed this setting in command prompt using fsutil. The help defined 2 as system/enabled and 3 as system/disabled. However, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Crimson200632, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Incorrect help in command prompt - fsutil DisableLastAccess

So I recently changed this setting in command prompt using fsutil. The help defined 2 as system/enabled and 3 as system/disabled. However, when I entered option 3 as my choice, it displayed out as system/enabled. I then switched it to option 2 and it displayed out as system/disabled. I'm confused. Is help wrong?

:)

Crimson200632, Oct 20, 2019

2. incorrect "Date Accessed" on Windows 10

Hi Aarthi,

One possible reason why the date accessed is not updated on your files is that the last access may not be enabled on your computer. To have it enabled, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the command prompt, type in fsutil behavior set disablelastaccess 0 and hit
      Enter.

Once done, try opening a file and close it. Check if the date accessed is updated. If not, restart your computer and check again.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 20, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Incorrect help in command prompt - fsutil DisableLastAccess

Date visited column in File Explorer

Yes, I did try it and it worked.

I'm slightly perturbed that my computer is evidently not in its default state - I have never used that command you suggested.

I ran fsutil behavior query DisableLastAccess and had the response DisableLastAccess = 0

so I played around and

disabled it with D:\Desktop>fsutil behavior set DisableLastAccess 1 and ran a test that showed that it had stopped working

then

enabled it again with D:\Desktop>fsutil behavior set DisableLastAccess 0 and ran a test that showed that it had started working again.

Do you have a KB reference for the subject?

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect help in command prompt - fsutil DisableLastAccess

1. Incorrect help in command prompt - fsutil DisableLastAccess - Similar Threads - Incorrect help command

2. Win11 Command prompt help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Command prompt help: Just upgraded to win11I'm having a problem with black squares in front of my desktop icons.I discovered that by doing a disc cleanup with the thumbnails checked on, after rebooting, it solved the problem... but unless I do that each and every time, the squares reappear.I...
  3. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  4. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  5. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  7. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

The command prompt password is showing incorrect: I have tried all passwords i could recall but still it is showing incorrect and i i can't do anything from the windows as i on the log in screen it is showing that due to a change in security settings to set up a new pin click on setup new pin but when I am clicking on the...
  8. The command prompt password is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  10. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd fsutil help