Windows 10: Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"

Discus and support Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While investigating why the power battery icon disappeared from the taskbar, I went into Settings -> -> Select which icons appear on the taskbar. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phydeau2, Nov 22, 2020.

1. phydeau2 Win User

Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"

While investigating why the power battery icon disappeared from the taskbar, I went into Settings -> -> Select which icons appear on the taskbar. I had previously selected the following icons to appear on the taskbar these are the only three items showing "on". They are: 1 Network; 2 Volume; and, 3 Power.

Currently, only Network and Power are showing on the taskbar.

What is strange is that next to "Power" there is a second Volume icon picture in Settings. It looks identical to the Volume icon picture that is next to "Volume". Also, under the word Power, it says "Fully charged 100%" - although I know it is not currently fully charged.

Right now I am not asking how to get the icon to reappear on the taskbar although I do also want to know how to do that. Here I am specifically askinghow to get the correct icon picture to appear next to "Power". It is stupid to have a volume image next to Power, IMHO!!!

:)

phydeau2, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Odin99 Win User

Power icon has disappeared from the taskbar

Thanks, Jeremy.

[See below for your suggestions/questions, which I've numbered for easy reference here.]

1. I'm not completely sure I know what you mean by the "battery icon." I'm guessing you mean the icon labeled "power" in the taskbar on/off settings.

2. I use a laptop but rarely on battery power. As I've indicated, that icon is turned "on." It's visible in the "hidden" icons, but it won't otherwise appear in my taskbar.

3. From the two listed, how do I determine the "battery for your device"?

Odin99, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Power icon has disappeared from the taskbar

My name is Jeremy, a Windows Community Member. I'll be happy to help you out today. Let’s see what I can do. Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings  - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" :)

Hi Odin99, I understand your frustration there and I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you

Hi Odin99, are you referring to the battery icon from the taskbar? if that so, you may try doing these troubleshooting steps that might help.

-Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and then scroll down to the notification area. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar, and then turn on the Power toggle. (Note: The Power toggle is not visible on a system such as a desktop PC
    that doesn't use battery power.) If you still don't see the battery icon, select Show hidden icons on the taskbar, and then select the battery icon.

-On a device that uses battery power, if you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and the Power toggle is greyed out or not visible, in the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager in the list of results.
    Under Batteries, right-click the battery for your device, select Disable, and select Yes. Wait a few seconds, and then right-click the battery and select Enable. Then restart your device.

-If you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and turn on the Power toggle, but the battery icon does not appear on the taskbar, in the search box on the taskbar, type task manager, and then select Task Manager in the list of results. On the Processes
    tab under Name, right-click Explorer, and then select Restart.

Please let me know if this work

Regards,

Jeremy

JeremyCountings, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Incorrect icon image next to Power in Settings - in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" - Similar Threads - Incorrect icon image

2. Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar": Hi, In windows 10, if i run : ms-settings:taskbar i get the taskbar settings I wish to get the screen : "select which icons appear on the taskbar" Any way ? Thank you so much! 131746
  3. Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar": Hi, In windows 10, if i run : ms-settings:taskbar i get the taskbar settings I wish to get the screen : "select which icons appear on the taskbar" Any way ? Thank you so much! 131746
  4. Select which icon appear on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select which icon appear on the Taskbar: I have already uninstalled an app. But option 'on/off' for that application is not removed from setting 'Select which icon appear on the Taskbar'. That should be removed after uninstallation. But still showing. Please inform me how to remove that option from Setting. All apps...
  5. Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's: Hello. I have one question, sorry for my english... is not to good *Sad. I have windows 10 and recently y clean my taskbar icons with the .reg posted in this site. My question is: Is normal that when i don't have or use a program in the taskbar the icon show in blank...
  6. Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR": Hi folks, First time posting here. Hopefully one of you registry whiz-kids can help me out. Basically, I know it's a little thing, but it's certainly bothered me enough to set up an account here at TenForums. I'm something of a neatness freak, y'know. So, if you go...
  7. Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving: Hi. Does anyone else have this problem? I turn off the "always show all icons" and customize what I want to be shown. I don't like clutter, so I like hiding a lot of the systray crap. Almost every time I reboot though, the "always show all icons" has automagically became...
  8. Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar": This question has been asked before, "I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled...
  9. Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar": My challenge is that I'm running a program that refuses to retain it's taskbar setting to always show. So, everytime I reboot, I have to go to "System\Notifications & actions\Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and find the program (it's Choicemail) and toggle on the...
  10. Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates: Hello, I seem to have multiple entries for multiple processes in the Windows 10 area "Select which Icons appear on Taskbar". I was thinking about trying CCleaner to fix this, but if anyone knows the specific registry entries that need to be deleted and/or flags that need...