Windows 10: Incorrect Icon In Taskbar

Discus and support Incorrect Icon In Taskbar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When opening a PDF file today I am seeing an icon for Movie Maker, not an icon for Adobe, in the taskbar. This happens when clicking a desktop shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VinceB, Jan 2, 2019.

1. VinceB Win User

Incorrect Icon In Taskbar

When opening a PDF file today I am seeing an icon for Movie Maker, not an icon for Adobe, in the taskbar. This happens when clicking a desktop shortcut for Acrobat reader Dc, but not happening when using a desktop shortcut for Acrobat XI to open the program (correct icon does appear in the taskbar).

I just ran a CCleaner routine to fix various problem areas, including the analysis for Cleaner, on Windows and on Applications, and for Registry issues.

A day or two ago, I was messing around with default app settings. Cannot recall what I actually might have changed there. Don't know if I have upset something there?

Am now running CCleaner again, after shutting down and then restarting up Win10 again. (No problems detected in the Registry.)

Within File Manager, I am able to view the PDF document in the preview pane. Clicking on the PDF filename does open the file in Acrobat XI. Using the "Open with" feature is successful in opening the file.

It appears that the abnormality is limited to an incorrect (Movie Maker) icon in the task bar when clicking the Adobe Reader DC shortcut and when double clicking on the filename from within File Manager. The PDF files are able to be opened.

Any ideas about correcting the incorrect icon in the taskbar ?

TNX & Happy New Year 2019 !

:)

VinceB, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Incorrect Icon In Taskbar

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect Icon In Taskbar

1. Incorrect Icon In Taskbar - Similar Threads - Incorrect Icon Taskbar

2. Taskbar icons triggers incorrect app/window launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons triggers incorrect app/window launch: Hi,I'm running W11 on a SurfacePRO7.When coming back from sleep-mode I'm experiencing:- clock is not always updated. It looks like the clock indicates the time when the machine went in sleep mode annoying but you can continue working- icons on the taskbar of apps open...
  3. windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect: I am experiencing a strange thing since upgrading to Windows 11 - my taskbar icons indicate no internet access and muted sound, when both are in fact working fine. Any ideas?Peter...
  4. windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect

windows 11 taskbar icons incorrect: I am experiencing a strange thing since upgrading to Windows 11 - my taskbar icons indicate no internet access and muted sound, when both are in fact working fine. Any ideas?Peter...
  5. Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11

Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11: The app icons for WhatsApp, Messenger, and Line are all appearing as a monitor icon in the taskbar, instead of their appropriate icons. The icons appear normal in the start menu, and when creating shortcuts. They will also switch to appearing as they should once they are...
  6. Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11: The app icons for WhatsApp, Messenger, and Line are all appearing as a monitor icon in the taskbar, instead of their appropriate icons. The icons appear normal in the start menu, and when creating shortcuts. They will also switch to appearing as they should once they are...
  7. Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton: Windows 10 Pro, v1909, desktop. I uninstalled firefox & when I rebooted all my apps that were pinned to the taskbar were gone except 2. I opened C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar and they were all there so I rebooted...
  8. Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon sizes after reboot display incorrectly: Win 10 LTSC v1809 bad - [img] good - [img] (preferred) What can I do? Thanks! 143542
  9. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly: Hello! After a while of being on (5 days, broken up by hibernation) the taskbar starts to do weird things, here's some examples: First symptom (Telegram is showing behind the start menu): [img] Then it starts to evolve [img] [img] I don't have two instances of...
  10. Icon incorrect

Icon incorrect: https://i.gyazo.com/1b1be32a27ceff06...f3bd98d5a7.png how to reset the whole icon thingy on windows 10? 83486

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incorrect icon on taskbar windows 10

2. icons incorrect in taskbar

3. how to change an incorrect icon on the taskbar

4. incorrect icon in task bar