Windows 10: Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers

Discus and support Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A very weird thing happening with my keyboard characters - in the "Save" dialog box from my browser my keyboard is typing random incorrect characters.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BelindaRoberts2, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers

A very weird thing happening with my keyboard characters - in the "Save" dialog box from my browser my keyboard is typing random incorrect characters. For example, pressing the "T" on the keyboard multiple times might give me a string of text like "o8dkejhrs". This is ONLY happening in the save dialog box on my browser, all other keyboard input is working correctly.

Some background:

Issue first occurred using Google Chrome and has now reoccurred using Firefox.

Restart does not resolve the problem.

All drivers are up to date.

It is a Logitech wireless keyboard - batteries have been replaced, USB has been disconnected and moved to other ports.

Running Windows 10 - all latest updates have been installed.

Language settings all at ENGLISH - US.

I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10. Prior to that I'd not experienced this issue.

Dell XPS desktop PC.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

BelindaRoberts2, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Roan T Win User

keyboard probelm on certain characters

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following: 

• Does the issue happen on every
      Office app or browser you typed the characters in?

• Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the apps/browser?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Parpaluck Win User

Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers

Parpaluck, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers

1. Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers - Similar Threads - Incorrect keyboard characters

2. Keyboard characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard characters: why is my surface laptop keyboard suddenly typing incorrect keys eg. @ is typing " visa versa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-characters/0649b96f-33d7-40a7-bfc7-9c6c564b6b2b
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  5. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect keyboard characters in "Save" dialog from browsers: My keyboard types odd characters after Save As.... when logged into banking and after that. I don't know how to fix it afterwards. I saw from previous posts that other users have the same problem and that Sophos' keyboard protection under "secured browser" seems to be the...
  7. keyboard typing random characters when saving PDF

keyboard typing random characters when saving PDF: when I am saving a PDF from a website and I need to rename it, the keyboard types random symbols and characters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-random-characters-when-saving-pdf/b1ee50f4-f9c8-443f-882a-bc034ba937d1
  8. Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF

Random characters from keyboard when saving PDF: I have a very random situation occurring. When I use the Print to PDF option within Windows 10, and the save file window comes up, the characters from my keyboard are completely random when trying to type the file name (and I don't get the same character each time I use the...
  9. Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard incorrectly displays the wrong characters.: Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard 1531. Did a Windows 10 update, now the keyboard will not work. It displays the wrong characters, for instance when I press the "b"-key it displays "By" and when I press the "o"-key it displays ";o". I tried it on two different laptops;...
  10. Keyboard showing incorrect characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard showing incorrect characters: Cannot get pound symbol, while @ and " symbols appear to have swapped. I have ensured UK English is on the Control settings and makes no difference...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invalid characters when typing save as