Windows 10: Incorrect Location

Discus and support Incorrect Location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Built my computer a couple months ago, have not been able to change to the correct time zone for more than a day. I’ve changed the time zone to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SidMcLandress, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Incorrect Location

Built my computer a couple months ago, have not been able to change to the correct time zone for more than a day. I’ve changed the time zone to the correct one and it just defaults back to the incorrect one. Ive changed the CMOS battery, enabled Windows Time service, and everything other solution ive found relating to this issue. Anyone have any other solutions?

:)

SidMcLandress, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Harman Kardon Invoke incorrect location

Hi Jmanes,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please check the
    suggestion
    posted by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene on March 28th, follow the steps provided and it should work all fine.

If you get any error reply to this post with the same.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Incorrect Location

Windows 10 Location Incorrect

Hi Ian Bowen,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the Start menu, type Location privacy settings in search bar and click on Location privacy settings.

• Here you can enable/disable the Location.

• You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the location or not from the apps list.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect Location

1. Incorrect Location - Similar Threads - Incorrect Location

2. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  3. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  4. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.: My location history shows me visiting other states yesterday and today. I have not left my house in California all weekend. Why is this happening?...
  6. Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.

Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.: My location history shows me visiting other states yesterday and today. I have not left my house in California all weekend. Why is this happening?...
  7. Incorrect location history in Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. New Windows 11 Installation: USB location not available incorrect function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Installation: USB location not available incorrect function: Brand new laptop, Brand new Windows 11 Home Installation: I plug in an external drive that works fine on old laptop and I get an error that the "location is unavailable incorrect function." A different USB drive works fine on both old and new machines.Anyone?...
  9. New Windows 11 Installation: USB location not available incorrect function

New Windows 11 Installation: USB location not available incorrect function: Brand new laptop, Brand new Windows 11 Home Installation: I plug in an external drive that works fine on old laptop and I get an error that the "location is unavailable incorrect function." A different USB drive works fine on both old and new machines.Anyone?...
  10. Windows location setting incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows location setting incorrect.: I am experiencing this issue with both my home computer running Windows 11 and my work laptop running windows 10. I first noticed it because the system time for both computers was changing automatically to central European time. If I disable location services the clocks can...