Windows 10: Incorrect login email for Win 10

Discus and support Incorrect login email for Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I start up my Win 10 laptop, somehow the email address has changed. The first part of it is correct, except that the end of the email address has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhillipBrowne1, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Incorrect login email for Win 10

When I start up my Win 10 laptop, somehow the email address has changed. The first part of it is correct, except that the end of the email address has now changed from @hotmail.co.uk to @ hotmail.com and so I cannot log on to my laptop. There is no option to change the email address to the correct one. I really need to get in to my laptop and I'm not sure how this happened. Please tell me what I can do! Please help as I cannot access any of my files or my email. Thank you.

:)

PhillipBrowne1, Apr 16, 2020

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Incorrect login email for Win 10

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect login email for Win 10

1. Incorrect login email for Win 10 - Similar Threads - Incorrect login email

2. email on Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email on Win 10: I've been having some trouble with creating sub-folders in Win 10 mail. Some folders are accepted, but some are not. But there is a delay before I get the message saying that the folder name cannot be created. Not sure what the criteria is - if any - for creating these...
  3. Login password suddenly incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login password suddenly incorrect: My little brother's computer does not allow him to login with the password anymore for some reason and i'm trying to figure it out why. What i am confident on is that we're typing in the correct password and that this occured sometime on friday. With that said though, is...
  4. Unable to login to PC password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to PC password incorrect: I was active Safe Boot. Then after restart windows 10 in my lonovo lap, i cant access password . Its sayd incorrect .. I check the key bord and tring on screen key bord. Pls help me.. ***Original title : Safe Boot restart password incorrect***...
  5. Incorrect email identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect email identification: Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-identification/55485b10-9e40-4f49-83f7-1c0f8f3c792c
  6. Login Win 10 email address removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Win 10 email address removal: When I go to log in into my Windows 10, my email address shows .. is there I way to remove or change to a username? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-win-10-email-address-removal/d07849b7-26cf-494b-9600-8988864aab33
  7. my recovery email is incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my recovery email is incorrect: my recovery email and cell phone number are incorrect (out of date) its saying i requested a security change in August (i didnt) how can i unlock my account?...
  8. Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.: My parents are having an issue logging on to their computer. It seems that my mother miss-typed her microsoft email address when she activated it. Now she has a login in screen that asks for a password for the miss-typed account address. She cannot get past this screen since...
  9. Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible: Unsure if I titled my question properly, so will explain. I bought this asus new a couple months ago. When I went to set it up, I used my wifes older email address, that she does not want. So everytime the darn thing boots up, it is telling her that something is out of date...
  10. Win 10 email

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 email: So I'm trying out Win 10 email app ( the one that's built it). I had to go online at Microsoft.com to change the settings. Why can't I change the settings on my PC? Anyway I had go to advance setting because outlook doesn't know how to set up the settings for email servers....