Windows 10: Incorrect login email for Win 10

Discus and support Incorrect login email for Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I start up my Win 10 laptop, somehow the email address has changed. The first part of it is correct, except that the end of the email address has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhillipBrowne1, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Incorrect login email for Win 10

When I start up my Win 10 laptop, somehow the email address has changed. The first part of it is correct, except that the end of the email address has now changed from @hotmail.co.uk to @ hotmail.com and so I cannot log on to my laptop. There is no option to change the email address to the correct one. I really need to get in to my laptop and I'm not sure how this happened. Please tell me what I can do! Please help as I cannot access any of my files or my email. Thank you.

:)

PhillipBrowne1, Apr 16, 2020

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Incorrect login email for Win 10

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect login email for Win 10

1. Incorrect login email for Win 10 - Similar Threads - Incorrect login email

2. Can't remove an incorrect email reference in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an incorrect email reference in Win 11: When setting up my new computer, I incorrectly used the wrong email address, and it seems stuck in "My Info"...That isn't a working email. I got the domain incorrect. I checked everywhere and it seems my email for this account is proper everywhere else. I did see this on the...
  3. Can't remove an incorrect email reference in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove an incorrect email reference in Win 11: When setting up my new computer, I incorrectly used the wrong email address, and it seems stuck in "My Info"...That isn't a working email. I got the domain incorrect. I checked everywhere and it seems my email for this account is proper everywhere else. I did see this on the...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed: hi all,I'm trying to launch a RDP file using Microsoft Remote Desktop, I am using a Mac.When this launches it comes up with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, this is no longer an account I use so I am unsure why it appears to be cached and is trying to be used.I...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, incorrect login email displayed: hi all,I'm trying to launch a RDP file using Microsoft Remote Desktop, I am using a Mac.When this launches it comes up with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, this is no longer an account I use so I am unsure why it appears to be cached and is trying to be used.I...
  6. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  7. Login Email is Incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Email is Incorrect: Hi whenever I try to login to something linked to my Microsoft account Mail, Edge etc. it shows the correct email but when I am prompted for my password it has me signing into the wrong email. At one point the "wrong" email was my Microsoft account email but I have since...
  8. Incorrect email identification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect email identification: Why does a friends email name come up as 'Bigpond' instead of the name in contacts list? She has a bigpond email address? I use Windows live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-identification/55485b10-9e40-4f49-83f7-1c0f8f3c792c
  9. Login Win 10 email address removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Win 10 email address removal: When I go to log in into my Windows 10, my email address shows .. is there I way to remove or change to a username? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-win-10-email-address-removal/d07849b7-26cf-494b-9600-8988864aab33
  10. Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login/email incorrect on ASUS Q534UX BHI7T19 15.6″ Convertible: Unsure if I titled my question properly, so will explain. I bought this asus new a couple months ago. When I went to set it up, I used my wifes older email address, that she does not want. So everytime the darn thing boots up, it is telling her that something is out of date...