Windows 10: Incorrect number of RAM slots

Discus and support Incorrect number of RAM slots in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ignatzzz, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Ignatzzz Win User

Incorrect number of RAM slots

Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I think this only occurred after updating to windows 10 1909 to 2004.

Could this be a BIOS issue?

:)

Ignatzzz, Aug 1, 2020

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

DerekW USA, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10: RAM not recognised in the number 2 slot

Ok so I had a problem where my laptop would not start at all so I went and search for help turns out it was the ram that was not properly place or something I open it up take the ram off then put it back on and it worked my laptop worked but I had 4gb
    and then it got downed to 2gb and 1.48 usable so I open it again take of the rams again test ram slot number 1 with all 2 rams ram slot number one worked test ram slot number 2 with all and it didn't work at all I test them individually and they worked fine
    at ram slot number 1 but the second slot doesn't seem to be working and reading the ram that is placed there so I got 2gb now how do I fix this problem? and why did it happen? it was working fine the other day then I woke up to find this problem

Original Title: Ram Slot Issues

DrakeMarzonist, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Incorrect number of RAM slots

Number of Ram Slots

My HP 15 Notebook PC laptop only has 1 ram slot. So I would like to know if there was anything I could do to make the laptop use two rams at once?

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

PatriceTseh, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect number of RAM slots

1. Incorrect number of RAM slots - Similar Threads - Incorrect number RAM

2. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  3. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  4. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  6. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  7. RAM memory slots not working !!!

RAM memory slots not working !!!: After replacing the paste on the processor, the RAM slots do not work. I had 4 busy, at the moment I have 1 and 3 busy, I put the memory in slots 2 and 4. It causes that the computer does not start and after a few seconds, reset itself. Can I fix it somehow? 182999
  8. Ram 4 slot Question

Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  9. Ram 4 slot Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  10. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...