Windows 10: Incorrect number of RAM slots

Discus and support Incorrect number of RAM slots in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ignatzzz, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

1. Ignatzzz Win User

Incorrect number of RAM slots

Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I think this only occurred after updating to windows 10 1909 to 2004.

Could this be a BIOS issue?

:)

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

3. Windows 10: RAM not recognised in the number 2 slot

Ok so I had a problem where my laptop would not start at all so I went and search for help turns out it was the ram that was not properly place or something I open it up take the ram off then put it back on and it worked my laptop worked but I had 4gb
    and then it got downed to 2gb and 1.48 usable so I open it again take of the rams again test ram slot number 1 with all 2 rams ram slot number one worked test ram slot number 2 with all and it didn't work at all I test them individually and they worked fine
    at ram slot number 1 but the second slot doesn't seem to be working and reading the ram that is placed there so I got 2gb now how do I fix this problem? and why did it happen? it was working fine the other day then I woke up to find this problem

Original Title: Ram Slot Issues

DrakeMarzonist, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:59 PM
  4. Incorrect number of RAM slots

Number of Ram Slots

My HP 15 Notebook PC laptop only has 1 ram slot. So I would like to know if there was anything I could do to make the laptop use two rams at once?

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

Thema:

Incorrect number of RAM slots

1. Incorrect number of RAM slots - Similar Threads - Incorrect number RAM

2. RAM slot information not detected by utility software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM slot information not detected by utility software: I have an Asus Vivobook X505ZA and was trying to figure out what my current hardware was to upgrade accordingly. I tried CPU-Z and HWiNFO and for some reason, they can't detect any memory module in both RAM slots. They however, display that I have 4 GB of RAM which is...
  3. Word Displays Numbers and Dates Incorrectly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Displays Numbers and Dates Incorrectly: I just opened a Word documents created 3 months ago and the numbers in the table are not displaying properly. Some numbers display properly others are skewed. For example 2008 displays as some kind of weird character then 8 spaces then the number 8. On some new documents I...
  4. Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties: Hello, I've noticed an error or bug that has begun occurring in the last month with the Properties box. I have a folder that contains more than 4 terabytes of data in more than 23,000 files and yet when I right click within the folder and select Properties, the popup box...
  5. Ram 4 slot Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  6. Ram 4 slot Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  7. HP envy laptop - USB 3 slot incorrectly marked.

HP envy laptop - USB 3 slot incorrectly marked.: Hi there I thought the USB 3 slots were BLUE by convention. On my Envy Laptop there is one BLUE slot - it's also a charging USB slot. However a Toshiba external USB3 device plugged into that slot has a WHITE Led when active indicating USB 2 speed. I move the HDD to one...
  8. System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.

System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.: Hi, My laptop came installed with a 4GB RAM in slot2. The other slot has been free. Today I bought another 4GB module with same specifications and after inserting to slot1, it did not get detected. I swapped the modules, and the new RAM is functioning perfectly. However,...
  9. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...
  10. BSOD when using a certain RAM slot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using a certain RAM slot: Hello I've been having this BSOD issue for quite some time now during certain games and finally decided I should do something about it. Things I have done already: formatted my pc memtest (two times overnight no issues found) Updated bios to a new version but not the...