Windows 10: Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe

Discus and support Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this problem a couple of months ago but after resetting hundreds of time it fixed itself, however it appeared again today. I don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Player1103, May 14, 2020.

1. Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe

I've had this problem a couple of months ago but after resetting hundreds of time it fixed itself, however it appeared again today. I don't know what caused it but it prevents me from opening any windows apps (spotify, store etc.). In addition to that it also prevents me from opening any programm so I can't do anything (no google, registry, cmd, literally everything). It also slows down my pc so I can't even use the right click options to backup my stuff without getting error messages and waiting 10 min. I've lost tons of stuff before and did today so does anyone know how to prevent/fix it ?

p.s. Causes were always different:

• windows update

• download

• installation

• even after reset it was still there
    submitted by /u/Player1103
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Player1103, May 14, 2020

2. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out the drive and try it in another machine?

Ak

alkaufmann, May 14, 2020
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 14, 2020
  4. Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe

System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe

1. Incorrect parameter and can't start .exe - Similar Threads - Incorrect parameter can't

2. Parameter is Incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parameter is Incorrect: Yesterday microsoft store applications and microsoft store itself werent opening. Instead they showed this error message and now I cant use these applciations. Can someone help me please? I was messing with security permissions last night and now I regret it...
  3. Parameter is Incorrect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Parameter is Incorrect: Yesterday microsoft store applications and microsoft store itself werent opening. Instead they showed this error message and now I cant use these applciations. Can someone help me please? I was messing with security permissions last night and now I regret it...
  4. the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the parameter is incorrect: The other day Forza horizon 5 kept giving me the error "the parameter is incorrect" after restarting the PC I reinstalled it 4 times but continued to get the error then I moved it to my windows SSD and that fixed it and at the time all apps were working a few days later and...
  5. The Parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  6. The Parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  7. Parameter incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter incorrect: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  8. Parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect: Every few months my laptop has an issue where certain apps will stop working, with a "parameter incorrect" error message. This always seems to happen for the same apps every time regardless of whether they're from the internet, or microsoft store etc, and this issue currently...
  9. the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the parameter is incorrect: Hi, So I decommissioned a computer that had a disk full of movies, music and pictures. Then moved it to the new machine. Once in the new machine I'm getting "Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect." I'm getting this error on random files, mostly most recent files that...
  10. PARAMETER INCORRECT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PARAMETER INCORRECT: [ATTACH] HELP ME PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parameter-incorrect/7cf564b3-316f-4a62-9273-30781e9e6c95