Windows 10: Incorrect partitioning during clean install.

Discus and support Incorrect partitioning during clean install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, I had to do a clean install windows 10 and I've never done it before. When it says where you would like to install windows I had 3 partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tsurani, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Tsurani Win User

Incorrect partitioning during clean install.

Hey guys, I had to do a clean install windows 10 and I've never done it before. When it says where you would like to install windows I had 3 partitions and instead of deleting 3 of them to make one unallocated, I only deleted two and formatted the primary partition where I wanted to install windows and then installed. So far it has worked fine, but right now there is only one partition that everything is on, with no recovery partition and two unallocated partitions.

Could something go wrong or is it fine?

:)

Tsurani, Dec 16, 2016

2. Cant reset!!!

Follow these steps I gave to delete all partitions during the booted install, or it is not a clean install.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 16, 2016
  3. ThienRong Win User
    Thinkpad 8 Tablet Windows failed to start 0xc0000185 An unexpected error has occured.

Hi Sachin,

No, I cannot repair upgrade as I cannot even boot up due to the error. I could only boot from USB drive but the below does not work.

* Tried Repair PC, Reset, Startup Repair. All failed.

* Tried to delete partition during custom clean install and partition won't get deleted (ie. becomes unallocated space)

* Tried to format partition during custom clean install and get a 0x80070057 error and nothing happens

* Tried custom clean install on existing partition and it hangs at 62% preparing to copy files

Regards,

ThienRong, Dec 16, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It's fine for now - except the unallocated spaces are wasted spaces. You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to expand the C: drive Windows partition into the unallocated spaces to reclaim the wasted space:
    Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

I say it's fine for now because when the next major update comes (Creators Update, early 2017), the upgrade might fail because the system partition is combined with the boot partition.

NavyLCDR, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Tsurani Win User
    If it does fail what would I do at that point? Anyway to fix the problem now?

Tsurani, Dec 16, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Re-install Windows to one big unallocated space and let it create what Microsoft considers to be the proper partitioning structure.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Incorrect partitioning during clean install. - Similar Threads - Incorrect partitioning during

2. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  3. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  4. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  6. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  7. Clean Install - Partitions

Clean Install - Partitions: Hello Forum, I attempted to clean install Win 10 Pro v1909 from ISO on a DVD. I simply clicked on the ISO setup file, and let the system do its thing. Typically, I end up doing these clean installs several times for various reasons. This was my first attempt at a clean...
  8. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...
  9. Delete or format partition during clean install windows

Delete or format partition during clean install windows: Hey guys i just join this forum and today i've plan to clean install my PC well i kinda noob with this one and i like to ask some question. Once you get to the Custom (Advanced) tab of Windows 10 clean install there are options to delete the partition, format, etc. Which one...
  10. Actions during a clean install

Actions during a clean install: When doing a clean install and after clicking to do a custom install you get a box will all the current drives on the hard disk. I chose to reformat the C:/ drive as I have done many times. then continued. Today I received a message about GPT and that the partitions on the...