Windows 10: Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night. Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RebeccaWoods2, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night. Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help.

:)

RebeccaWoods2, Sep 11, 2020
  2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

"incorrect password" at startup

Hi,

As you are facing issues with unlocking the laptop with password while rebooting the system for first time, we will help you.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the laptop for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

1. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Incorrect Password update

2. Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update: I updated my windows 10 and now i cannot login to use my computer. Once i turn on the system and put my password, it tells me incorrect password. I searched for solutions involving safe mode and throught the use if command prompt but i the command prompt and safe mode are...
  3. Update and incorrect password

Update and incorrect password: Hi, I've been having what seems to be a common problem in that after updates, I get "incorrect password" despite having the correct one. I have tried all the listed solutions but uninstalling quality update features every time is the only way to get back in. Please advise on...
  4. incorrect password error after update

incorrect password error after update: After windows update, my computer was constantly asking for password, and today it’s not letting me past the password screen. Have not changed password but keeps saying it’s incorrect. All this started after last windows update I did on January 28th...
  5. Windows 10 security update password incorrect

Windows 10 security update password incorrect: There is an August 2020 security update of Windows 10 due to which my password for signing in is coming out to be incorrect. I had to restore my system for logging in. How can I install that update successfully? Installing that update is important because without it the...
  6. Laptop password incorrect after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop password incorrect after update: I chose the Update and Restart option on my computer. After the update was done, I entered my laptop password and it appeared to be incorrect. It is, however the right password. I saw on the Internet that it is a problem that occurs sometimes, but I did not find any working...
  7. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...
  8. Cannot login after updating, password incorrect

Cannot login after updating, password incorrect: I disabled startup apps and updated my windows 10 core i5 7th gen HP laptop and I haven’t been able to login since. Password incorrect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-after-updating-password-incorrect/7dccea1a-547c-4a46-9e96-90a38c1cb42d
  9. Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update: Windows not accepting my correct password after reset windows 10. Same password is working for live.microsoft.com. Please help. My login screen does not even show a power button :(...
  10. Incorrect password AFTER updating.

Incorrect password AFTER updating.: Ok so this has been driving me crazy for the last two months now. Everyday I log into my computer fine with my PIN number and my password. Finally after accepting a windows update time, once it restarts and asks for my password, it tells me that the password is incorrect....