Windows 10: Incorrect Password Bug

Discus and support Incorrect Password Bug in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to access my local windows account, its been five days now but it keeps telling me the password is incorrect. I have looked around and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EEHL, Dec 10, 2018.

1. EEHL Win User

Incorrect Password Bug

I am unable to access my local windows account, its been five days now but it keeps telling me the password is incorrect. I have looked around and tried several options but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated, please bear in mind the following:

• It is a local account not my Microsoft one.
    • The password I enter is CORRECT, that means there is no BloqMayus, Num Lock, Keyboard language settings, or other common issues at play here.
    • I have tried the screen keyboard
    • Any option that requires password will not work, including system restore, command prompt, any safe mode, and other advanced recovery options
    • I have tried using two password resetting tools booting through a USB (I cannot use CD/DVD in this laptop), only to find out at the very end that such free versions do not let me reset it. I do not want to purchase any of these.
    • I did not create a password reset disk so I cannot reset it with the password reset wizard.

Is a reset the only alternative left? What will happen to all my files and apps?

Thank you very much for any advice, I am really desperate.

:)

2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Bug - Password Incorrect

Hi Silas,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience and we will definitely help you to resolve your issue.

This issue might occur, if the language has been changed on the lock screen.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the lock screen.

• Select the English language and click Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password through On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Incorrect Password Bug

Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Incorrect Password Bug

1. Incorrect Password Bug - Similar Threads - Incorrect Password Bug

2. Incorrect PIN bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect PIN bug: Hi There, I am a Windows 11 User and this afternoon I restarted my computer, and when I clicked on the lock screen it told me I entered the wrong PIN too many times, and I needed to type the usual A1B2C3, even though I didn't enter the wrong PIN.I restarted again just to make...
  3. Incorrect PIN bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect PIN bug: Hi There, I am a Windows 11 User and this afternoon I restarted my computer, and when I clicked on the lock screen it told me I entered the wrong PIN too many times, and I needed to type the usual A1B2C3, even though I didn't enter the wrong PIN.I restarted again just to make...
  4. incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  5. incorrect password

incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  6. password incorrect

password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  7. password incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  8. "Password is incorrect"

"Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  9. Password incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Password incorrect: I am having a issue with signing into my laptop. Everytime I enter my password and hit enter. I get a message that the password I entered was incorrect? What is the work around for this? 129595
  10. Incorrect password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password: i just set up an outlook.com account in a new laptop. When i attemp to sign into the laptop i keep getting a message that my password is incorrect. I tried to reset it but i receive a message stating i need a usb flash drive to change it, which i do not have. Any suggestions?...