Windows 10: "Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard...

Discus and support "Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I use every day with Windows 10 installed. My computer went to sleep earlier today, and ever since then my password is saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/T1FRYBFWNSFB, Jun 6, 2022.

1. "Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard...

I have a laptop that I use every day with Windows 10 installed. My computer went to sleep earlier today, and ever since then my password is saying "incorrect password" when I try to login again. I do not have an admin account setup on this laptop, and every option I have tried has gotten me no where, or told me that I need an admin account to proceed.

I KNOW I am 100% typing my password in correctly because I can see/verify it before I try it. I have also tried the ease of access virtual keyboard to type my password as well, so I know the issue isn't with my keyboard. Every time it always says incorrect password.

This laptop is set up with a local account, not a Microsoft account, so I cannot change the password that way.

My question is, if I get a completely new computer with a separate hard drive with it's own installation of windows 10, can I plugin this hard drive and still be able to access all of my old files?

submitted by /u/T1FRYBFWNSFB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/T1FRYBFWNSFB, Jun 6, 2022
  2. mrgeek Win User

Password incorrect

How do I get out of safe mode so I can reset my settings?

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. In the window, click on Boot tab.
    4. uncheck Safe boot, click on Apply and Ok. Restart
    Not sure why it started in Safe mode. May have been out of sync with your phone from prev incorrect password. See if restart fixes. At least, you know what your universal MS password is. *Wink

mrgeek, Jun 6, 2022
  3. Billb2008 Win User
    Password incorrect

R. Thanks, will try that later tonight. ☺

Billb2008, Jun 6, 2022
  4. Nilou Win User

"Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard...

Incorrect password... but there is no password

Hi,

Could a wizard tell me what sort of mystery I am experiencing on my computer ?

It's a PC I built 4 years ago ( time flies ) when I was playing videogames a lot.

Sadly, I don't play this much anymore, and almost do not use this computer anymore, last time was in November... Except when I need an old file on his hard drive.

Today I needed an old file, I booted the computer... And then "incorrect password" at the Windows welcome screen.

The trick is : There never was a password on this computer, the password was the enter key.

I just had to press enter, and I was in...

Now it says that there is an incorrect password, and when i try to press the "connect" button, nothing not even a place to enter a password, or reset it...

A quick video will show you how absurd it is. ( it's French but it says, , "log in" "incorrect password, try again" and the "welcome" is loading until it shows again "incorrect password."

https://twitter.com/Patay2ch1panzay/...54479214268422

I am sorry but dont I do not know my Windows Version number, and can not type winver on the log in screen

Thank you for your help

Nilou, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

"Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard...

1. "Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard... - Similar Threads - Incorrect Password though

2. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  3. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  4. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect password even though it's right, cannot reset password: Hello, I cannot login to my computer even though the password I type is correct. I have tried resetting the password via entering my security questions and although it brings me to change the password. It still tells my I have incorrect password when I try to set the new...
  6. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  7. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  8. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.: Every time I try to log into this specific device it says my password for my Microsoft account is incorrect, even though it is the correct password as it's the same account and password I use on other devices which work just fine. I've tried using the onscreen keyboard to...
  10. Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...: Every time I try to log in to anything with my Microsoft account, it just doesn't work. The only thing that does is their website. When I put in my CORRECT password it says it's invalid, but when I try to change it it says that it's an old password and I can't use it. If you...