Windows 10: Incorrect password - except it isn't

Discus and support Incorrect password - except it isn't in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; About 1 time in five when we turn on my wife's PC (Dell Precision 3430), it refuses to allow anyone to login - saying the password is incorrect.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by perdrix, Dec 17, 2019.

1. perdrix Win User

Incorrect password - except it isn't

About 1 time in five when we turn on my wife's PC (Dell Precision 3430), it refuses to allow anyone to login - saying the password is incorrect. Neither Num-Lock, nor Caps-Lock are on when this happens. This is a recently installed machine which was running version 1903 and was upgraded yesterday to 1909. Problem just happened again earlier this evening.

Simplest way to get out of this is to just re-start the machine and it then works just fine! If it's of any relevance there's an icon at the right hand end of the password entry field that looks a bit like an eye - but it doesn't appear to do much.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks
    David

:)

perdrix, Dec 17, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 17, 2019
  3. jeffMNMN Win User
    The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Incorrect password - except it isn't

Incorrect password for Yahoo Mail on Lumia 520

Let's continue working on this. We suggest that you remove the email account on the phone and add it back again by following these steps:

To remove your email account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Press and hold the email that you want to remove.
    • Select delete.
    • Confirm by selecting delete again.

To add your email account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap add an account.
    • Tap the type of email your going to add.
    • Type the email address and password.
    Make sure you're connected to the internet when performing these steps.

Note: Removing the account will delete all the information associated with it.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect password - except it isn't

1. Incorrect password - except it isn't - Similar Threads - Incorrect password except

2. incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  3. incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  4. password incorrect

password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  5. password incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  6. "Password is incorrect"

"Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  7. startup repair 'incorrect password', but it isn't

startup repair 'incorrect password', but it isn't: hi. I bought my PC with Windows 10 installed, so no USB drive or disc. My pc keeps crashing, sometimes during startup reboots itself but mostly during use. I want to run startup repair, but it continuously doesn't accept my password, even though I've changed it via...
  8. Microsoft claims my account password is incorrect when it isn't!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft claims my account password is incorrect when it isn't!: Yesterday's download of the latest Windows 10 feature update has screwed my desktop and I now cannot load Windows on my desktop this message coming from my laptop. On the start-up screen, several options are presented for troubleshooting the problem e.g. Restore but all ask...
  9. Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.: So, i just restarted my PC, and to my surprise, it's telling me that it's the wrong password. My PC doesn't have one, and it's not even asking me for one; just the button to click "sign in" like usual. But now, whenever i click on that, it tells me that my password is...
  10. Microsoft password said to be incorrect when it Isn't.

Microsoft password said to be incorrect when it Isn't.: I can't log in to the Microsoft account on my laptop with the correct password either. Has anybody solved this problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-password-said-to-be-incorrect-when-it/978a9dd7-75e1-44f8-8afd-996decada244