Windows 10: Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time

Discus and support Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On occasion, I'll accidentally type in my password or pin incorrectly. Sometimes when this happens I'm left watching a wheel spin over and over again... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TheGameGuyDude, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time

On occasion, I'll accidentally type in my password or pin incorrectly.

Sometimes when this happens I'm left watching a wheel spin over and over again before it tells me that I've typed my password incorrectly.

Why does this take so long to tell me my password is incorrect?

Other times I'll type my password in incorrectly and it will tell me right away that it's wrong and then I can just put my correct password in.

Can this be fixed?

:)

TheGameGuyDude, Jan 9, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 9, 2020
  3. jeffMNMN Win User
    The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time

Attention Required: Windows Live 2 password is incorrect

Hi PIUPZ,

Thanks for Posting to the Microsoft Answers forums! In addition to the steps Jay provided, one other suggestion I want to call out before resetting your phone is to check if Two Step Verification has been enabled on your Microsoft account.

Under the section Two-step verification, if you see that you are given the option to Set up two-step verification, please enable it the disable it (or leave it enabled if you prefer). If you see a link Turn off two-step verification, you will need to
    create an app password to enter in on your phone:

• Click on Create a new app password under App passwords
    • Enter your app password in the password field
    After reviewing these settings, go back to the phone and manually sync your account (and update your password if necessary). You can sync the account by tapping
    Settings > Email + Accounts then tap and hold your account for the
    Sync option.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time

1. Incorrect password leaves me waiting for long periods of time - Similar Threads - Incorrect password leaves

2. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  3. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  4. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time: Hi, I have been having this issue for quite a long time now. It started post a windows update if I am not wrong. So whenever I restart my PC and enter my pin, it gets stuck for around 10 minutes in the welcome screen. I tried solving this issue using dskchk, DISM tool and...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help: For the past week or two, my PC has been suffering from something where it gets stuck on the Please Wait screen for probably 5-10 minutes. It will go to the login screen and it operates normally* (* I've noticed that I've possibly been having worse performance in games like...
  7. It always says "Incorrect password" although "Default = leave blank".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It always says "Incorrect password" although "Default = leave blank".: A friend of mine gave me an unused Share Max N300 Wireless N Router. I already pressed the "Reset" button many times. I left the field blank as it said, but I got "Incorrect password". I entered the password shown on the card that had come with the router, but I got...
  8. Is it possible for me to activate Windows 10 Pro? Long Wait Times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible for me to activate Windows 10 Pro? Long Wait Times: After some static fried my motherboard, I had to replace it with whatever I could find. So I put in an old LGA 1155 board, and tried activating windows 10 pro. That board had previously been in another computer. I went through the Activation troubleshooter and chose to...
  9. Disk usage sporadically (For long periods of time) 100%, culprit:

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk usage sporadically (For long periods of time) 100%, culprit:: Almost always 'System'. How do I fix this? It's infuriating. PC specs available on my profile, kindly ask for any other info - I'll provide as quickly as I can. Thank you in advance 54537
  10. Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time: I have been #4 for almost an hr. I was 313 like 3hrs. ago 9633