Windows 10: incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates

Discus and support incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Are you logging in to the laptop using a local account or a Microsoft account? Login using the old password and reset to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieIndialantic, Apr 2, 2020.

1. incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates

Split from this thread.​

Are you logging in to the laptop using a local account or a Microsoft account?

Login using the old password and reset to the new password.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4490115/windows-change-or-reset-your-password

When I attempt to log in the the laptop I get the following message: The password is incorrect make sure you're using the password for your MS account you can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset/ So I went over to my PC successfully got a MS code and changed my password. I even logged into my MS account and updated my phone number. When I went back to the laptop the new password that I just used to log in to MS Outlook didn't work. All of this started after I downloaded critical updates and tried to Install them. The laptop restarted and I haven't been able to log in since.

:)

CharlieIndialantic, Apr 2, 2020

2. incorrect password

When I attempt to login to Win 10 I am unable to log in on my desktop computer. It gives me the message, "incorrect password." I am having no problem logging in with my laptop. The password is acceptable. I have tried resetting the password through the desktop but it requires a password disk which I don't have. I changed the password on the laptop however the laptop continues to work and the desktop gives me the "incorrect password" error.

David Morgenste, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Apr 2, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates

incorrect password

Hi David and welcome to Tenforums.

Are you logging in with a Microsoft Account on both systems?

simrick, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates

1. incorrect password message after attempting to install critical updates - Similar Threads - incorrect password message

2. Incorrect password message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password message: For several days now, I've gotten an 'Incorrect Password' message when unlocking my computer. This never used to happen and I know I'm slowly entering the correct password-caps lock is not on. I can't even click on OK after the error message because it's greyed out-the only...
  3. Update and incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and incorrect password: Hi, I've been having what seems to be a common problem in that after updates, I get "incorrect password" despite having the correct one. I have tried all the listed solutions but uninstalling quality update features every time is the only way to get back in. Please advise on...
  4. incorrect password error after update

incorrect password error after update: After windows update, my computer was constantly asking for password, and today it’s not letting me past the password screen. Have not changed password but keeps saying it’s incorrect. All this started after last windows update I did on January 28th...
  5. Laptop password incorrect after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop password incorrect after update: I chose the Update and Restart option on my computer. After the update was done, I entered my laptop password and it appeared to be incorrect. It is, however the right password. I saw on the Internet that it is a problem that occurs sometimes, but I did not find any working...
  6. Password Incorrect after installing KB4571756

Password Incorrect after installing KB4571756: After installing the above update I am unable to log back in to the machine, I use a local account with password to sign in. Going in to recovery console and uninstalling update and rebooting allows access as per normal, reinstall the update and issue returns, this is a...
  7. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update: I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night. Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password-after-windows-10-update/7081620e-3392-4b2b-bac4-cfcdfd502630
  8. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...
  9. Cannot login after updating, password incorrect

Cannot login after updating, password incorrect: I disabled startup apps and updated my windows 10 core i5 7th gen HP laptop and I haven’t been able to login since. Password incorrect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-after-updating-password-incorrect/7dccea1a-547c-4a46-9e96-90a38c1cb42d
  10. Incorrect password AFTER updating.

Incorrect password AFTER updating.: Ok so this has been driving me crazy for the last two months now. Everyday I log into my computer fine with my PIN number and my password. Finally after accepting a windows update time, once it restarts and asks for my password, it tells me that the password is incorrect....