Windows 10: Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

Discus and support Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running on Windows 10 Pro and I want to log in to my Microsoft account from the Windows settings by clicking Sign In on the profile at the top of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Neezala, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Neezala Win User

Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

I am running on Windows 10 Pro and I want to log in to my Microsoft account from the Windows settings by clicking Sign In on the profile at the top of the settings. I manage to connect with my password but then the following message shows up :"Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello, if you’ve set it up.We’ll need your current Windows password one last time."It seems like they are asking for the password I use to open my PC, but it doesn't work.I have entered every possible password I've ever created and a message of error saying it's the

:)

Neezala, Aug 11, 2022

2. Trying to switch to Microsoft account from local, unable to...

I tried that, more than once. I go thru the complete procedure of getting a new Microsoft account password, then when I reach the final step to key in the Windows password, I try my NEW Microsoft account password, and I get the same message-invalid password. No luck.

Any other suggestions.

Charliedog, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 11, 2022
  4. TonyG Win User

Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

Help logging in with incorrect microsoft account

Thanks for your reply Brink!

Yesterday I did exactly as recommended in the link,
    • Option Three: To Reset Password of your Microsoft Account Online at Microsoft
    This gave me access to the Microsoft account currently displaying on the windows 10 login screen (as tested by logging into outlook in a web browser). The problem is that it doesn't seem to be syncing to the computer in question as I have tried the newly reset password several times over the last 24 h with no luck. I am confident the computer is connected to a working internet connection.

Anything else I can try?

TonyG, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings - Similar Threads - Incorrect password message

2. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  3. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  4. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings: I am running on Windows 10 Pro and I want to log in to my Microsoft account from the Windows settings by clicking Sign In on the profile at the top of the settings. I manage to connect with my password but then the following message shows up :"Next time you sign in to this...
  6. Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings: I am running on Windows 10 Pro and I want to log in to my Microsoft account from the Windows settings by clicking Sign In on the profile at the top of the settings. I manage to connect with my password but then the following message shows up :"Next time you sign in to this...
  7. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect: Hi, I am having problems with my laptop. A problem happened and it keeps going into automatic repair mode and so I'm trying to do a start up repair.The problem:My password won't work no matter how many times I have tried it. I also changed it too and it still says "The...
  8. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect: Hi, I am having problems with my laptop. A problem happened and it keeps going into automatic repair mode and so I'm trying to do a start up repair.The problem:My password won't work no matter how many times I have tried it. I also changed it too and it still says "The...
  9. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...: Hi there - For the past week or so I've been dealing with some file system corruption errors, which has required a restart so that Windows can make repairs. When Windows is done scanning and repairing my drive, it launches into an additional recovery mode to complete the...