Windows 10: Incorrect password message

Discus and support Incorrect password message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For several days now, I've gotten an 'Incorrect Password' message when unlocking my computer. This never used to happen and I know I'm slowly entering... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatWagstaff, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Incorrect password message

For several days now, I've gotten an 'Incorrect Password' message when unlocking my computer. This never used to happen and I know I'm slowly entering the correct password-caps lock is not on. I can't even click on OK after the error message because it's greyed out-the only thing that gives me a second chance is hitting the Windows Key and a left click of the mouse. At that point, I get a second window, enter that same password and get it. This is SO frustrating and while I don't want to have an unlocked computer as my default, I have no idea what to do! Could somebody please help me with this

:)

PatWagstaff, Jul 13, 2021

2. Password Incorrect

I have used some of the YouTube "fixes", with no success. I tried Hiren's BootCD PE, without success. Since using Hiren's, when Windows boots, I immediately get a "password incorrect" message, without ever having entered a password. I removed the passwords via Hiren's, but I don't get a chance to try it, because the "incorrect" message comes up immediately.
    Any more ideas? I'm getting desperate.

friendlyphil, Jul 13, 2021
  3. jaskoz Win User
    Incorrect password message on Windows Phone

When trying to log onto my phone, I get a screen that says, "Incorrect password: You've entered an incorrect password several times. If you want to try one more time, please enter this phrase: A1B2C3."

I've entered the phrase multiple times but there's not "Enter" key on the screen to move onto the next step. I've hit "Enter" on the keyboard, which only deletes the phrase after I've typed it in. So I can't move onto the next step. I've also restarted my
    phone a couple of times and I get the same result.

I got this message after talking on the phone. I'm guessing I inadvertently tried to enter my password during the call.

jaskoz, Jul 13, 2021
  4. jeffMNMN Win User

Incorrect password message

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Incorrect password message

1. Incorrect password message - Similar Threads - Incorrect password message

2. Incorrect password message when login into the system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password message when login into the system: After replacing a memory module in the PC, when I started it again, it did a kind or system restore.The situation is that now, it does not recognize my Microsoft live password, the password is correct, I have reset it. But it's like it doesn't check it online, but I don't...
  3. Incorrect password message when login into the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect password message when login into the system: After replacing a memory module in the PC, when I started it again, it did a kind or system restore.The situation is that now, it does not recognize my Microsoft live password, the password is correct, I have reset it. But it's like it doesn't check it online, but I don't...
  4. Incorrect password message when login into the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error message says that my password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message says that my password is incorrect: When opening Windows Live Mail, it asks for my user name and password. I get an error message that says that my password is incorrect. I changed my password yesterday as I wanted a new password and have made sure the box is checked that says to remember my password. What do...
  6. Error message says that my password is incorrect

Error message says that my password is incorrect: When opening Windows Live Mail, it asks for my user name and password. I get an error message that says that my password is incorrect. I changed my password yesterday as I wanted a new password and have made sure the box is checked that says to remember my password. What do...
  7. incorrect password

incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  8. "Password is incorrect"

"Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  9. Getting error message: The password is incorrect, Try again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting error message: The password is incorrect, Try again: Hello, i was doing some cleanup and updates today and after a restart, it doesn't recognize my password anymore. I have an Aesus laptop, windows 10 I have changed my password using another computer and still cannot log in. The screen shows my name, the password field and...
  10. Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password is incorrect error message. It is a local acct and the pw is: HP notebook computer with Windows 10 64 bit. This is a local account, I do not have a Microsoft acct on this computer. I logged in to the computer then put it aside for a few minutes, when I picked it up, I the screensaver was on and I used the same password to log in. I got...