Windows 10: Incorrect password on startup

Discus and support Incorrect password on startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi every time i fire up or restart my P.C i get an incorrect password message i'm sure I haven't pressed any buttons and nothing is pressing on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ARSENALTASTIC, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Incorrect password on startup

Hi every time i fire up or restart my P.C i get an incorrect password message i'm sure I haven't pressed any buttons and nothing is pressing on the keyboard what could be causing this issue?( i can press spacebar to enter my password so its not to big an issue yet)

:)

ARSENALTASTIC, Dec 14, 2018

2. "incorrect password" at startup

Hi,

As you are facing issues with unlocking the laptop with password while rebooting the system for first time, we will help you.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the laptop for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 14, 2018
  3. "incorrect password" message at startup on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you install any finger print reader?
    I suggest you to place the computer in Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Note: Wireless internet connection may not work in Safe Mode.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Incorrect password on startup

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Incorrect password on startup

1. Incorrect password on startup - Similar Threads - Incorrect password startup

2. Password incorrect for Startup Repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password incorrect for Startup Repair: I got into Startup Repair because my laptop was running into the problem everything I started it. So, first my Account Name was Shown. After selecting it I entered my password which it said was incorrect. So, I changed my password of Microsoft Account and again followed the...
  3. Password incorrect for Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password incorrect for Startup Repair: I got into Startup Repair because my laptop was running into the problem everything I started it. So, first my Account Name was Shown. After selecting it I entered my password which it said was incorrect. So, I changed my password of Microsoft Account and again followed the...
  4. Password incorrect for Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup Repair Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Incorrect Password: I have a problem with starting up my pc. It shows something happened and pin is not available. I have followed many videos and most of them lead me to the startup repair page but when I click it, it asks me the password for my account and even though I type in the right one...
  6. Startup Repair Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair Incorrect Password: I have a problem with starting up my pc. It shows something happened and pin is not available. I have followed many videos and most of them lead me to the startup repair page but when I click it, it asks me the password for my account and even though I type in the right one...
  7. Startup Repair Incorrect Password

8. Startup repair incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup repair incorrect password: Hi, I have a question regarding startup repair in windows 10. Just this morning I received a notification telling me to restart my computer to fix my drive issues. So I did it and it led me to this startup repair. I chose an account and entered my password to proceed, but it...
  9. Password incorrect on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password incorrect on startup: First entering to windows login screen it displays a message saying password incorrect altough I haven't inputted anything. It also shows two accounts with same name when I'm logging in. I think this is because I just moved my windows from another drive to this one and booted...
  10. Startup repair incorrect password

Startup repair incorrect password: I hadnt used my laptop for a couple weeks. When i started it today my normal 4 digit passcode did not work and then said to contact an administrator. When I restarted it got stuck at “just a moment” so i restarted 3 times until i got recovery options. I tried system restore...