Windows 10: incorrect password on windows sign in

Discus and support incorrect password on windows sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turn on my computer, my name appears and I try to enter my password. It tells me incorrect password and no option to reset it. I have checked cap... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kimlehman, Apr 9, 2019.

1. kimlehman Win User

incorrect password on windows sign in

I turn on my computer, my name appears and I try to enter my password. It tells me incorrect password and no option to reset it. I have checked cap locks, number locks and have tried to use the screen keyboard. When I click the icon to show password it is correct. I have tried clicking restart with shift and going to advanced options and trying safe mode. But it wants my password again and tells me incorrect. Down it right corner it is telling me there is no internet (red x) if I click on that the only think showing is a box with airplane mode. I tried to hard wire to my internet and that didn't make a difference. I can access my microsoft account through my emails and it shows my device is good.

:)

kimlehman, Apr 9, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 9, 2019
  3. "incorrect password" at startup

Hi,

As you are facing issues with unlocking the laptop with password while rebooting the system for first time, we will help you.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the laptop for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issue with signing in to the computer after upgrading to Windows 10 and receive error "Password is incorrect"

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with signing in to the computer, after upgrading to Windows 10. And receive error "Password is incorrect",
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

1. Are you signing in to Microsoft Account or Local Account?

2. If you are using Microsoft Account, are you able to login to that account on Web?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Incorrect password.

I suggest you to try the steps suggested by
    Wasim A on August 18, 2015 in the following thread and check if it helps.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. incorrect password on windows sign in - Similar Threads - incorrect password sign

2. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Sign In to Microsoft Account instead" on windows 11 password is incorrect: I tried to to sign in to microsoft account instead from my local account, but the password that I was sure of was correct is incorrect. It works on apps and websites because of my PIN, but it does not recognize my password. Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  5. incorrect password

incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  6. "Password is incorrect"

"Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  7. Signed in with an incorrect email or password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with an incorrect email or password: I'm trying to activate "account protection" in Windows Security. I am getting the message "You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password." and I'm also getting the message to confirm that I'm not a robot and enter several characters, but it...
  8. Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password

Sign-in screen informs of incorrect password: Hello the experts on Microsoft community, Today, I faced a strange situation on my windows 10 desktop PC. My PC has an electricity shutdown. When it was started, it informed that my MS account password was incorrect. Before I could complete the authentication, the...
  9. password is incorrect at sign on

password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...
  10. Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).

Unable to sign into Windows after Windows Update (Password incorrect).: When I bought my HP Envy DT two years ago, I also joined the Win 10 Build Community. This is the FOURTH time that Win 10 has done updates and then fails to recognize my boot password and allow me to boot to windows. As this is an ongoing problem, WHY hasn't MS come up with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incorrect password when signing in to pc