Windows 10: Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

Discus and support Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HyperWasTaken, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these BSODs came around before and I fixed them by reinstalling windows, but again, another can of worms since I had now hooked up my MS account. The password I typed in is correct, but it is prompted as incorrect. I tried multiple times, restarted then tried again, but no dice. I then changed my account password, restarted m

:)

HyperWasTaken, Jun 14, 2022

2. Windows 10 Advance Startup mode not showing menu (only power off menu)

Hi Dany,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Startup options. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps in enabling the Advance boot option.

• Use any administrator account to sign-in/log on to your Windows 10 computer.
    • Once on the desktop window, right-click the Start button from the bottom left corner.
    • From the displayed context menu, click the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the opened Administrator: Command Prompt interface, type the
      BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY command.
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Close the command window when done.
    • After this, left-click the Start button.
    • Click Power from the Start menu.
    • From the displayed options, click Restart.

Now follow the below steps and check if you are able to see the
    Advance boot options.

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 14, 2022
  3. "incorrect password" at startup

Hi,

As you are facing issues with unlocking the laptop with password while rebooting the system for first time, we will help you.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the laptop for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

1. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu - Similar Threads - Incorrect Passwords Advanced

2. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  3. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  4. Advanced Startup Settings Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Startup Settings Menu: I am unable to see the option boot from a device or usb in the advanced startup settings from reset this pc in settings. It only shows:- 1. exit and continue to windows 10 2. trouble shoot 3. turn off your pc I am not able to see "start with a device" in it Even in the...
  5. Advanced startup menu is asking for a password, what does it want?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced startup menu is asking for a password, what does it want?: I'm trying to solve some problems and am using advanced startup menu to get to a command prompt. When I try this, I select my email address and then it asks for a password. What password does it want? The pin fails and my microsoft account password also fails. Is there...
  6. Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced startup menu, what password does it want?: I'm trying to boot to a command prompt using the advanced startup menu. I select my account (email address) then it insists on a password. I've tried my pin and my microsoft password and both are rejected. What does it want, or how can I get around this? submitted by...
  7. Password incorrect on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password incorrect on startup: First entering to windows login screen it displays a message saying password incorrect altough I haven't inputted anything. It also shows two accounts with same name when I'm logging in. I think this is because I just moved my windows from another drive to this one and booted...
  8. Stuck on advanced menu. Can’t login. Incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on advanced menu. Can’t login. Incorrect password.: Hello, So I had a problem with my x62 kraken, leds werent working properly. So I wanted to try a safe boot mode. I did go in msconfig, check safe/secure boot (dont remember wich one). And I rebooted my pc. Since so when I login, I have access to the advanced menu...
  9. Incorrect password on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect password on startup: Hi every time i fire up or restart my P.C i get an incorrect password message i'm sure I haven't pressed any buttons and nothing is pressing on the keyboard what could be causing this issue?( i can press spacebar to enter my password so its not to big an issue yet)...
  10. Startup repair incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup repair incorrect password: I hadnt used my laptop for a couple weeks. When i started it today my normal 4 digit passcode did not work and then said to contact an administrator. When I restarted it got stuck at “just a moment” so i restarted 3 times until i got recovery options. I tried system restore...