Windows 10: incorrect Pin LOG FILE - Windows 10 PC

Discus and support incorrect Pin LOG FILE - Windows 10 PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a log file for Windows 10 PIN lockouts. Looking for exact time of login attempt that was locked out.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gigidiv, Mar 3, 2020.

1. gigidiv Win User

incorrect Pin LOG FILE - Windows 10 PC

Is there a log file for Windows 10 PIN lockouts. Looking for exact time of login attempt that was locked out.

:)

gigidiv, Mar 3, 2020

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2020
  4. MNMary Win User

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

After the Windows 10 Anniversary update, when I try to sign in with my pin, it says the pin I entered is incorrect.
    I know it is the correct pin number. It's the same pin I've used since installing Windows 10.
    I have to sign in using my password. I want to go back to using my pin, but I can't change the pin, since don't know what it thinks my old pin is. I understand others are having the same problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mary

MNMary, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. incorrect Pin LOG FILE - Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - incorrect Pin LOG

2. PC turns on with a "incorrect PIN" message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on with a "incorrect PIN" message.: when i turn on my windows 11 pc it's a laptop if that matters, as soon as i get the screen where i am supposed to enter the PIN to login, i see 3-4 characters already entered i cant see the actual characters becasue it's those round dark dots u see when u enter passwords and...
  3. PC turns on with a "incorrect PIN" message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on with a "incorrect PIN" message.: when i turn on my windows 11 pc it's a laptop if that matters, as soon as i get the screen where i am supposed to enter the PIN to login, i see 3-4 characters already entered i cant see the actual characters becasue it's those round dark dots u see when u enter passwords and...
  4. Windows 10 pin is incorrect but is correct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pin is incorrect but is correct.: Hello, I got a Lenovo laptop with windows 10 on it. I'm using the laptop for almost a year now new from the box. I made a password pin and used fingerprint to unlock my laptop. So yesterday I was working on it and put it away to pick it up 10 minutes after. Tried my...
  5. Windows 10 pin is incorrect but is correct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pin is incorrect but is correct.: Hello, I got a Lenovo laptop with windows 10 on it. I'm using the laptop for almost a year now new from the box. I made a password pin and used fingerprint to unlock my laptop. So yesterday I was working on it and put it away to pick it up 10 minutes after. Tried my...
  6. Incorrect Pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect Pin: Hi, my laptop has recently updated and now it's saying the pin is incorrect. There isn't a 'sign in option' so I can't sign in with my password, is there a different way to sign in with the password? The only option I have is 'I forgot my PIN'. Thanks!...
  7. Windows Pin is "incorrect"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Pin is "incorrect": I already have 2 step verification enabled and don't understand why I need windows hello to sign in on a different computer. I've already tried deleting and adding a pin also changing the pin to even removing it and on the other device it still says my password is incorrect...
  8. Incorrect pin Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect pin Windows 10: G'day, I have been having a problem with my computer. My Desk Top despaired. I was not able to do a System Restore. I was not able to open the computer in Safe Mode. Now all I am able to get is a black screen with the log in. I typed my pass word pin and I received a...
  9. PIN incorrect Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN incorrect Windows 10: Windows 10 says that my PIN is incorrect but I'm 100% sure it's the correct pin, the one I've always used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-incorrect-windows-10/85b348ff-5228-4e71-a913-f5d86ed5b2b4"
  10. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update: After the Windows 10 Anniversary update, when I try to sign in with my pin, it says the pin I entered is incorrect. I know it is the correct pin number. It's the same pin I've used since installing Windows 10. I have to sign in using my password. I want to go back to...