Windows 10: Incorrect pin Windows 10

Discus and support Incorrect pin Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; G'day, I have been having a problem with my computer. My Desk Top despaired. I was not able to do a System Restore. I was not able to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aussie Perry, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Incorrect pin Windows 10

G'day, I have been having a problem with my computer. My Desk Top despaired. I was not able to do a System Restore. I was not able to open the computer in Safe Mode. Now all I am able to get is a black screen with the log in. I typed my pass word pin and I received a incorrect pass word.

I would really appreciate it if somebody can help me please. Fortunately I have two computers. This is my Windows 7 computer and it is working O K.

Cheers Perry Incorrect pin Windows 10 ea20f417-16ac-4c74-8206-b4862e88e912?upload=true.jpg

:)

Aussie Perry, Aug 11, 2019

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Aug 11, 2019
  3. MNMary Win User
    Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

After the Windows 10 Anniversary update, when I try to sign in with my pin, it says the pin I entered is incorrect.
    I know it is the correct pin number. It's the same pin I've used since installing Windows 10.
    I have to sign in using my password. I want to go back to using my pin, but I can't change the pin, since don't know what it thinks my old pin is. I understand others are having the same problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mary

MNMary, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Incorrect pin Windows 10

PIN incorrect Windows 10

Windows 10 says that my PIN is incorrect but I'm 100% sure it's the correct pin, the one I've always used

DaveMartinez1, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Incorrect pin Windows 10

1. Incorrect pin Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Incorrect pin

2. PIV Card Login - PIN Incorrect, user clicks password hint arrow -> and can login...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIV Card Login - PIN Incorrect, user clicks password hint arrow -> and can login...: Greetings, I have a users who inserts a PIV Card and when he types his pin a pop up window displays "incorrect pin." (we know the pin is correct.) The user then clicks ok to close the window, and then clicks the arrow next to password hint; oddly the computer lets the user...
  3. Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin: I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and I can log into her account with her pin, but when I try to set up Hello, it says the pin is wrong. The Hello option keeps...
  4. pin to quick access "parameter is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin to quick access "parameter is incorrect": pin to quick access has not worked in over a year. I get "parameter is incorrect." I have done all the suggests to clean and update the computer. How do I fix this?...
  5. PIN incorrect

PIN incorrect: HI, i deleted the option on my laptop to open it with fingerprint, and this option had a PIN also as a second choice. When i deleted and try to enter the laptop after it sayd PIN incorrect. I am putting the same PIN pleaseeee help...
  6. I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up: I just started to get "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up. When went to go to change my PIN I see a message saying "The dictionary attack mitigation is traiggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider." Why is this...
  7. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Looks like this is a common issue "Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times" I am hitting this problem when my Dell XPS Desktop go to sleep and awake. I don't even type single key, but appears that some back ground process input random letters without me typing anything....
  8. PIN incorrect Windows 10

PIN incorrect Windows 10: Windows 10 says that my PIN is incorrect but I'm 100% sure it's the correct pin, the one I've always used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-incorrect-windows-10/85b348ff-5228-4e71-a913-f5d86ed5b2b4"
  9. Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password

Unable to remove PIN on LOCAL ACCOUNT - Incorrect password: Hi, For privacy reason, when I travel with my PC, I set a PIN password using a LOCAL ACCOUNT password and remove it when I am home for convenience purposes. Since I have come back from my last trip, I can start my PC using my local account PIN password but I can't no more...
  10. SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SOLVED-Locked out of Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect password" pin: Intermediate user here. Locked out of my Dell Optiplex 780 due to "incorrect Password" at PIN login screen. Already used another device to login to my Microsoft Account to change password-this worked. Cannot get past PIN login screen on the PC itself, and tapping F2,F4, F8,...