Windows 10: Incorrect Pin

Discus and support Incorrect Pin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop has recently updated and now it's saying the pin is incorrect. There isn't a 'sign in option' so I can't sign in with my password, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tomevans36, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Incorrect Pin

Hi, my laptop has recently updated and now it's saying the pin is incorrect. There isn't a 'sign in option' so I can't sign in with my password, is there a different way to sign in with the password? The only option I have is 'I forgot my PIN'.

Thanks!

:)

tomevans36, Mar 31, 2021

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Mar 31, 2021
  3. MNMary Win User
    Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

After the Windows 10 Anniversary update, when I try to sign in with my pin, it says the pin I entered is incorrect.
    I know it is the correct pin number. It's the same pin I've used since installing Windows 10.
    I have to sign in using my password. I want to go back to using my pin, but I can't change the pin, since don't know what it thinks my old pin is. I understand others are having the same problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mary

MNMary, Mar 31, 2021
  4. JayPhi Win User

Incorrect Pin

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Incorrect Pin

1. Incorrect Pin - Similar Threads - Incorrect Pin

2. incorrect pin How to fix.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    incorrect pin How to fix.: I have windows 10. When i boot up my pc it goes from screen saver immediately to a blurred screen where i put my pin # in but it won't let me. It says i tried too many times. Pin is incorrect. Then it gives me an option of a pin and it works. Why is this happening and how do...
  3. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  4. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  5. you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3: My colleague tried to mess with my computer and entered the pin several times while I'm away now every time I open my laptop before entering my pin this shows up:" you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3I should type this "A1B2C3" "how can I...
  6. you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3

you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3: My colleague tried to mess with my computer and entered the pin several times while I'm away now every time I open my laptop before entering my pin this shows up:" you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3I should type this "A1B2C3" "how can I...
  7. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out after incorrect PIN: My son accidentally entered the PIN wrong on our Acer laptop and it has locked us out. It tells us to enter the Challenge Phrase A1B2C3 then gives us the chance to enter the PIN. Upon doing this and it is DEFINITELY the correct PIN this time! we are met with the error ‘this...
  8. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after incorrect PIN: My son accidentally entered the PIN wrong on our Acer laptop and it has locked us out. It tells us to enter the Challenge Phrase A1B2C3 then gives us the chance to enter the PIN. Upon doing this and it is DEFINITELY the correct PIN this time! we are met with the error ‘this...
  9. Locked out after incorrect PIN

10. Pin is incorrect??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is incorrect??: Hey just opened my PC and the keyboard letters aren't working but the numbers are. I tried to change my pin into numbers to let me enter in but after typing the 4th number in my pin, it says pin is incorrect. Basically it won't let me enter my pin. What should I do???...