Windows 10: Incorrect suggestions in email autofill

Discus and support Incorrect suggestions in email autofill in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I delete an incorrect suggestion from the drop-down auto-fill for email addresses?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlFiedler, Aug 28, 2020.

1. AlFiedler Win User

Incorrect suggestions in email autofill

How can I delete an incorrect suggestion from the drop-down auto-fill for email addresses?

:)

AlFiedler, Aug 28, 2020

2. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Aug 28, 2020
  3. nkuma2171 Win User
    how to correct an autofill entry

To delete the email address from the autofill in mail app you need to navigate to People app. In people app you will have to assign a fake account and link that account to the email is you are going to delete. Finally. delete the id which comes obviously
    after right clicking. If you feel to know in detail read How to Disable Autofill Email Id Suggestions in Windows 10
    Mail App
    . However People App is the key from where you can manipulate the things.

nkuma2171, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Incorrect suggestions in email autofill

autofill

I have done that to the "edge" browsers. But I still do not get the 'autofill'. Any other suggestions?

orionsfist, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect suggestions in email autofill

1. Incorrect suggestions in email autofill - Similar Threads - Incorrect suggestions email

2. Unknown emails showing up in Edge "Personal Info" autofill suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown emails showing up in Edge "Personal Info" autofill suggestions: When I type in address fields, emails that aren't mine show up in Edge's autofill suggestions. Doing a quick search of the ones I can tell are names turn out as people in my university.I remember logging into the edge browser of a school computer in 2023, and accidentally...
  3. Unknown emails showing up in Edge "Personal Info" autofill suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown emails showing up in Edge "Personal Info" autofill suggestions: When I type in address fields, emails that aren't mine show up in Edge's autofill suggestions. Doing a quick search of the ones I can tell are names turn out as people in my university.I remember logging into the edge browser of a school computer in 2023, and accidentally...
  4. Outlook calendar location autofill or suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook calendar location autofill or suggestions: I found a solution regarding why location suggestions and or address verification do not work in Outlook. So many forum articles mention this works in OWA but does not in Outlook or offer generic repair fix it solutions. One more concrete reason is that the Geolocation...
  5. Outlook calendar location autofill or suggestions

Outlook calendar location autofill or suggestions: I found a solution regarding why location suggestions and or address verification do not work in Outlook. So many forum articles mention this works in OWA but does not in Outlook or offer generic repair fix it solutions. One more concrete reason is that the Geolocation...
  6. How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook?: How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook? I'm 85 yrs old and lost my husband recently and his name keeps popping up when I send emails from my email account. I do not want to move to Outlook or Gmail as I do not want to learn a...
  7. Phrase suggestion incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phrase suggestion incorrect: User has a saved phrase, example "business name Ind", but the suggestion is spelled incorrectly, shows up as "Business Nmae Ind". This is not an auto complete, this is the suggestion press enter to complete the phrase. I have looked in Options, Proofing, Auto Correct....
  8. How to delete incorrect email suggestions in "To" field in Windows Mail

How to delete incorrect email suggestions in "To" field in Windows Mail: Hello, I have been looking for answers on this subject and so far I have not found a simple solution. I'd happily be directed to where this is answered if my search-fu is not good enough. This question keeps popping up over the years and it seems it is still not properly...
  9. autofill email address

autofill email address: I typed an email address incorrectly and, every time I create a new email autofill pops up with the incorrect email address. How do I delete that incorrect address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autofill-email-address/56ce0dcf-2b1e-4981-9cec-67b893419eb0
  10. autofill email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    autofill email address: How do I get Windows 10 to autofill my email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autofill-email-address/7654fc9b-3dcd-4a0a-a341-a54f73a314e0