Windows 10: Incorrect timestamp

Discus and support Incorrect timestamp in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichelleED, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Incorrect timestamp

In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset.

:)

MichelleED, Jul 27, 2020

2. SMS / Test Message Timestamp Incorrect

Hello Nees,

I was trying to get more information related to SMS timestamp and got the explanation that:

- incoming message has time from the mobile operator

- outgoing message has device time

I was told that the mobile operator should be sending the time in UTC format and not the local time and we have seen cases in the past that the time was incorrect due to the incorrect network times from Mobile Operator.

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Jul 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Incorrect timestamp

Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Incorrect timestamp

1. Incorrect timestamp - Similar Threads - Incorrect timestamp

2. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  3. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  4. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  6. How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?

How to change to low IQ security / login settings for incorrect PINs in Windows 11?: I don't know what smooth brained, third-world, bug eater is responsible for the garbage pile of junk code that is Windows 11, but I've recently noticed a very annoying function that I want to deactivate.When the PIN is entered incorrectly multiple times the OS forces a...
  7. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  8. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....
  9. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

10. Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect: The timestamps shown in web browsing record are incorrect - they are probably in another timezone. I have checked that the timezone setting in the PC is already set correctly. The problem is an obvious one as I have set limits on my family member screen time to prevent...