Windows 10: Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager

Discus and support Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.138 64-bit. Has anyone else noticed that the Uptime, as reported in Task Manager, is incorrect? Also, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dgordon42, Apr 18, 2017.

1. dgordon42 Win User

Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager

Running Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.138 64-bit.

Has anyone else noticed that the Uptime, as reported in Task Manager, is incorrect?

Also, the 'Time of Last Boot', as reported by the 'systeminfo' command seems to be stuck at the time that Cumulative Update KB 4015583 was installed, and has not updated with subsequent reboots.

Thanks,

Dave.

:)

dgordon42, Apr 18, 2017

2. Computer up time

Hi S 1, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting.

Yes, that is a known issue and hopefully soon the developers will fix it though we as volunteers have no idea if or when,

Incorrect Uptime Reported by Task Manager and WMI. Refresh it Manually

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/incorrect-upt...

-----

Please post the issue on the Feedback Hub so the developers will see it.

Start - type in ---> Feedback ........ find at top and click on it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 18, 2017
  4. pbcopter Win User

I do not see what you are reporting. Both times are correct for me.

I am also running Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.138 64-bit.

pbcopter, Apr 18, 2017
  5. dgordon42 Win User
    Interesting, thanks for the reply.

Odd that it happened with the update, rather then with the new 1703 installation.
    Maybe it's in some way related to my hardware, which is rather old.

Anyway, it's no big deal, more of a curiosity.

Dave.

dgordon42, Apr 18, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Upgraded 1607 Home x64 to 1703 here. Both times are showing correctly for me.

7. jamis Win User
    My system up time reads 6:00:47:45 when I looked at it. The system has been shutdown at night and booted the next morning for the last 6 days. Resource usage is being shown from 04/13/2017. I did the v.1703 upgrade on the 13th. Systeminfo also shows this as the boot time/date.

jamis, Apr 19, 2017
  8. dgordon42 Win User

Thanks for the replies. It seems some systems are affected, and others not.
    I've posted details on Microsoft Feedback, we shall see what happens.

Thanks,
    Dave.

dgordon42, Apr 19, 2017
  9. dgordon42 Win User
    I've just got Cumulative Update KB 4016240, and after the reboot Uptime in Task Manager has reset to zero.

I guess KB 4016240 has fixed whatever they broke in KB 4015583, on my system at least.

Thanks,
    Dave.

dgordon42, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Incorrect Uptime Task

2. Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime: Running Windows 11 23H2 22631.3085Has anyone else seen this?I powered on my system about 430am this morning. A little while ago I went into Task Manager>Performance>CPU and it was showing that my CPU uptime was a little over 10 hours.My system is set to Never Hibernate or...
  3. Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Manager>Performance>CPU>uptime: Running Windows 11 23H2 22631.3085Has anyone else seen this?I powered on my system about 430am this morning. A little while ago I went into Task Manager>Performance>CPU and it was showing that my CPU uptime was a little over 10 hours.My system is set to Never Hibernate or...
  4. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  5. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  6. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Task Manager reading computer uptime of multiple days when just turned on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager reading computer uptime of multiple days when just turned on: I turned on my computer this morning left it running some processes in the background while I went to work. I check my task manager and under the "performance" tab it says my computer has been on for four days next to "uptime" when it's at most been on for a couple hours....
  8. Task Manager GPU tab reporting incorrect values

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager GPU tab reporting incorrect values: [ATTACH] I was interested in seeing what my GPU usage was during some intensive gameplay to realise that task manager only reported my GPU usage at 2%. This was while playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at ultra settings @ 1440p. You can see that temperature and memory usage...
  9. Task manager reading incorrect %'s

Task manager reading incorrect %'s: So the specs about my pc that matter: ryzen 5 3600, msi max b450 tomahawk, gtx 1070 While playing gta 5, i expect 100% gpu usage and 40% cpu usage. But according to task manager, im getting 100% on all 12 threads. And my gpu stays at a very low %. But when using rivatuner, it...
  10. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage: So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing my clock speed by 100...