Windows 10: "Incorrect" Windows network credentials

Discus and support "Incorrect" Windows network credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been trying to connect to another PC on the same Wi-Fi network. Had some issues regarding the PC not appearing in the Network tab in File Explorer, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mmemories, Apr 20, 2019.

1. mmemories Win User

"Incorrect" Windows network credentials

Been trying to connect to another PC on the same Wi-Fi network. Had some issues regarding the PC not appearing in the Network tab in File Explorer, but managed to fix it by navigating to Services and setting both, Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication, to Automatic startup. Although another issue arose: when trying to access a PC, it displays a message box saying the submitted user and/or password is incorrect (https://i.imgur.com/YGKE6SD.png), even though they are not. What can be the problem here? I've completely ran out of ideas.

:)

mmemories, Apr 20, 2019

2. Network Credentials - Windows 10

Hi Ford,

On this thread, one of the mentioned reasons why you encounter the networking error is due to an incorrect setup on the credentials. To determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• How many devices are affected?
    • Are you getting any error messages when connecting to a network? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. "Incorrect" Windows network credentials - Similar Threads - Incorrect network credentials

2. Incorrect Network Credential for Lan Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Network Credential for Lan Shared Folder: Hi, I just updated my Win 11 desktop into 23H2 and found I cannot access the NAS folder via file explorer anymore. It keeps showing the username/password is incorrect. However, I have 3 PCs at home: A laptop with WIN 11 22H2, a desktop with WIN10 and this problemed one. All...
  3. Incorrect Network Credential for Lan Shared Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Network Credential for Lan Shared Folder: Hi, I just updated my Win 11 desktop into 23H2 and found I cannot access the NAS folder via file explorer anymore. It keeps showing the username/password is incorrect. However, I have 3 PCs at home: A laptop with WIN 11 22H2, a desktop with WIN10 and this problemed one. All...
  4. Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Credentials Incorrect: I've been facing an issue with my second desktop this is not connected to MS account--will never be, and is on Local account, because it's an home PC with a single user.I usually fetch files from my main PC which is connected to an MS account, however, this time, it fails to...
  5. Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Credentials Incorrect: I've been facing an issue with my second desktop this is not connected to MS account--will never be, and is on Local account, because it's an home PC with a single user.I usually fetch files from my main PC which is connected to an MS account, however, this time, it fails to...
  6. Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Network Share - Incorrect Credentials

Windows 10 Network Share - Incorrect Credentials: Hello, I have ran into a problem of windows not accepting my credentials to access a network share on my computer. All of my computers are linked with a Microsoft account. Normally when prompted for credentials, I enter my Microsoft account email and password and it works....
  8. Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect: When file sharing it asks me to enter my windows credentials before gaining access to the folder. On both my PCs I am using my Microsoft email account as an administrator account and tried using the password for that account and many variations of a username but it still says...
  9. Microsoft Account for Network Credentials gives Incorrect Password

Microsoft Account for Network Credentials gives Incorrect Password: I have a desktop and a laptop with Windows 10, both with the latest updates. Neither of them have a local account; both are linked to my microsoft account. They both have the same file sharing settings where visibility and file sharing are turned on on private networks and...
  10. Windows Network Credentials

Windows Network Credentials: Dear all, My company has p-p LAN, my PC (desktop) connects to some PC (desktop) always ask "Enter network credentials", but some was not required like that. Which reason? I want to study about that, someone please help to teach me. And I want to no need to enter Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incorrect credentials

2. windows explorer network credentials incorrect

3. windows network credentials incorrect

4. window account network credentials failed