Windows 10: Incorrectly display language

Discus and support Incorrectly display language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hiI'm having trouble installing the language pack. All the writings are interwoven. Please help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alireza2022, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Incorrectly display language

hiI'm having trouble installing the language pack. All the writings are interwoven. Please help?

:)

Alireza2022, Jul 8, 2022
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Jul 8, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 8, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Incorrectly display language

add display language

Hello casale, *Smile

The steps in the tutorial below are updated for adding a display language in Windows 10. You will need to install the language pack of a language to have it available as a display language.

*Arrow Add a Language in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

Incorrectly display language

1. Incorrectly display language - Similar Threads - Incorrectly display language

2. The taskbar Edge language is displayed incorrectly and does not match the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The taskbar Edge language is displayed incorrectly and does not match the system: After the language of the entire system and the language in the browser are changed to EnglishRight-click on the taskbar, Edge and Chrome still appears in Chinese...
  3. The taskbar Edge language is displayed incorrectly and does not match the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The taskbar Edge language is displayed incorrectly and does not match the system: After the language of the entire system and the language in the browser are changed to EnglishRight-click on the taskbar, Edge and Chrome still appears in Chinese...
  4. Incorrect language and Bing Redirects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect language and Bing Redirects: Having two issues with Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.674. Using the type to search, everything on the right side shows up in Chinese.Edge will redirect any search through Bing to cn.bing.com instead of staying with the standard US version and will receive a too many redirect...
  5. Incorrect language and Bing Redirects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect language and Bing Redirects: Having two issues with Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.674. Using the type to search, everything on the right side shows up in Chinese.Edge will redirect any search through Bing to cn.bing.com instead of staying with the standard US version and will receive a too many redirect...
  6. Incorrectly display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrectly display language: hiI'm having trouble installing the language pack. All the writings are interwoven. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrectly-display-language/5746086d-a9a0-4242-ab66-96c5566dd720
  7. Windows 10 21H1 Displays Incorrect Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 21H1 Displays Incorrect Language: After my laptop installed 21H1 I saw the weather/news link in the tray. It was fine for a day. Now it's displaying in Chinese. All language settings are English. I can't find any way to change this to English. Rebooting doesn't help. The weather app is pointing to a location,...
  8. language display

in Windows 10 Customization
    language display: overnight something must of been added to my windows 10 it has changed to portugese ..like wth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-display/dc7b791a-eb6f-4b27-91c2-6d3b43c4919a
  9. Display Language

Display Language: Hi, my laptop was unable to change the display language from Chinese to English. Please suggest me a solution.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-language/b18ad44f-b98c-4a82-9d6e-bec2bcef1ae9
  10. display language

display language: how can i change my dispiay language.Thought i have downloaded English language pack in the preferred language,there is only chinese language pack i can choose in the dispaly language....